Nismo exhaust

ben_8971

When I had a Nismo I briefly had Cobra High Flow Cats paired with the stock exhaust. They made a noticeable difference but it was a bit too subtle for me, so I swapped out the exhaust after a while.  

Another option is to get a custom rear section made up. My current 370 (GT) had this when I bought it. The sound is much improved from stock and this would be cheaper than replacing the whole exhaust system. 

A further option is short tails, but I believe they are generally on the loud side.

Personally, I would suggest bite the bullet and replacing the whole system. Yes it costs a grand plus for a decent system but few, if any, seem to regret the spend.  Most aftermarket systems are not overly loud and you can pick one that suits your preferred look and sound. Something like an Ark Grip, Invidia Gemini or Stillen would be ideal.  

Edited by sipar69

Just to echo the above post.

I ran decats with my stock Nismo CBE and it was a very minor increase and didn't sound much better.

A friend of mine had short tails and they were brutally loud.

For a sensible increase in volume, whilst keeping a nice tone I'd suggest a full CBE exhaust. You can pick up a second hand system for £500+.

15 minutes ago, mattross1313 said:

Just to echo the above post.

I ran decats with my stock Nismo CBE and it was a very minor increase and didn't sound much better.

A friend of mine had short tails and they were brutally loud.

For a sensible increase in volume, whilst keeping a nice tone I'd suggest a full CBE exhaust. You can pick up a second hand system for £500+.

Glad you wrote this 

I'm looking at putting a nismo pipe on with De cats and was wonderinghow the volume was  

I take it there was no droning etc then ? 

49 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

Glad you wrote this 

I'm looking at putting a nismo pipe on with De cats and was wonderinghow the volume was  

I take it there was no droning etc then ? 

I was running ART Decat pipes, which (from what I've read are the quieter of the decat family, so perhaps not a true comparison. But....no droning on longer trips, I was disappointed with the volume/noise change TBH as I was hoping to keep the Nismo CBE.