Hello from New Member with Twin 350z's

Guess who's got a set of Injen Long CAI on the way! :lol:

2nhkyoj.jpg

Well excited for these to get here! (pic for reference). Purchased from Torquen in their black friday sale for around £407 which is ace.

Stillens look cool but I've read the comparisons on here and I know a lot of people preferred the Injen's for minor reasons. I'm sure both kits are great! 

Also need to get something fabbed for my 2.25" true duel as it's rattling against various things under the car (tight fit) if anyone has any advice it would be deeply appreciated! 

Debating buying off-brand headers with decat. They're for DE but will fit (Hard to find HR parts), it's only the flange from header to cat which is specific to HR/VHR I believe. (from my research!). Not sure if the quality will be what I need, but in the dyno section I heard really good things about swapping the stock headers out. I would do a spray the heat coat on them unless I can get the welding equipment! Link to product: https://bit.ly/2RkRWcz

There is A LOT I want to do to the body so for things like exhaust, as long as it's reliable and non-restrictive, I'm not too bothered about named brands. Although the canisters at the back and the 5" exits do look good!

HR vs DE SOUND. 

Have to be honest about this. Hard to say, but DE sounds WAY better than the HR in my opinion. I miss driving my DE so much, it's garaged whilst I'm driving the HR. 

DE sounds smooth like a trumpet and at 4K+ revs it genuinely sounds like a symphony, at least it did for me with Cobra HFC and cat back res exhaust. I call that car the rocket because it sounds like you're sat on a rocket engine at all times.

The HR sounds like a V8. It's not a typical RB VQ or other japanese sounding engine from the 90s. It sounds harsh and mean and less pure. That's great andd I TOTALLY get the attraction to that! but I like the trumpet - it sounds unique to the car and people would ALWAYS compliment the car on it at the odd meet. It was the best exhaust note out of all of my friends cars I use to go out with. 

DE running Cobra HFC + Cobra cat back

HR running stock cats (looking for low cost temporary decats) and 2.25" true duel. There is definitely a significant difference in the engine note. DE and HR have different firing patterns so I think it might partially be down to that. HR is 1,2,3,4,5,6. 

Just trying to get a better sound out of the HR for now and hoping the decat will do that. It doesn't sound bassy like the cobra system. HR sounds raspy. Exhaust below has ok fitment but seems to rub and vibrate against things which is loud and bad.

This is what I have on it now - it ends too early at the back so is hidden by the bumper, the outer tip doens't look that good in person IMO, and it's rattling against stuff.

s-l1600.jpg

It looked so pretty lol. Note mine is with the blue tinged smoked tips, not these tips. 

At this point I am really debating my decisions. Why turbo a HR when it's so hard to get spare engines in the UK, when I could buy a blown DE RevUp for 500, build that outside the car (rods etc) and drop it in the DE. Or sell my DE and buy one with a blown engine, I'd be doing a new body either way. But I can't do a new body on both cars! Very conflicted right now so will be holding onto both cars for a while I think! HR definitely feels more powerful than DE and it's addictive! I just MISS the trumpet!

SMELL

Does anyone know where I could borrow an Ozone machine? They use them inside rental cars to eliminate customer smells between rentals. My HR has a weird smell, everyone says it smells nice but I hate it. I've used febreeze, shampoo'd carpets, used those things you leave in for 15 mins with AC running, nothing has helped much. I'm a bit lost, but heard good things about the ozone machines!!

Anyway once headers decats and CAI's are fitted I'll be off for a tune! Will of course share numbers with you lads!

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/12/2018 at 18:01, LukeA said:

Welcome, loving the zeds, get some berks decats cheap and reliable. I’ve had my berks for nearly 2 years now no problems :thumbs:

On it mate! Having a look for some used cobra decats now to last me until the TT build! Saw the berk HFCs, they look nice B) 

Want to be a thot and try to spit flames, to has to be straight pipes for me atm!:lol:

ps i will move to the build thread just replying to messages here

54 minutes ago, jktitties said:

On it mate! Having a look for some used cobra decats now to last me until the TT build! Saw the berk HFCs, they look nice B) 

Want to be a thot and try to spit flames, to has to be straight pipes for me atm!:lol:

ps i will move to the build thread just replying to messages here

I wanted to spit flames but it isn’t as easy as my rx8 was :lol:

On 12/12/2018 at 21:00, LukeA said:

I wanted to spit flames but it isn’t as easy as my rx8 was :lol:

Hahaha that rotary life! Definitely want one one day!!!!

On 13/12/2018 at 20:16, Nismo59 said:

Welcome and good luck with the Z's

I'm about to purchase a 370z gt this Saturday.

My first Z and hopefully an enjoyable experience.

Wow that is amazing man. if it is your first Z you are in for one hell of a ride. I was so excited buying my first Z. And second, and third! :lol:

On 15/12/2018 at 14:01, Andre D said:

Hi and welcome lovely pair of zeds you have, keep us updated on your builds please, pics look great

Thank you buddy I will!