Advice needed about clutch/bearing

JimmyWhite1

Hi all,

My mechanic currently has my car on the ramps trying to fit the new Exedy 3 piece clutch + Flywheel. Unfortunately, we have stumbled across rather annoying issue which has baffled quite a few of us. The bearing that has been removed is different to the bearing that is with the new kit, and as far as I can find, the new bearing is the correct one. My mechanic is saying that the fork won't fit the new bearing but the fork I have is OEM Nissan and the same that you can buy from Torqen & Nissan. Has anyone else had this problem, or are we being completely stupid and missing the point? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

New bearing

45500502_309824506287014_2464393590961340416_n.jpg

45480413_597493810665275_6432747732410040320_n.jpg

45491526_345691992872603_2970554400168214528_n.jpg

45476137_304166306862579_105256784997908480_n.jpg

Current old bearing

Edited by JimmyWhite1

The fork connects to the bearing carrier and not the bearing.

Use a new Koyo bearing similar to your old one.  RCT4000SA

You will have to press the old bearing off the carrier and then press a new Koyo bearing on to the old carrier.

I am not aware of Exedy supplying that type of new bearing/carrier that came in your clutch kit.

I think I know what the issue is.

Who did you buy the clutch kit from?

6 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

The fork connects to the bearing carrier and not the bearing.

Use a new Koyo bearing similar to your old one.

You will have to press the old bearing off the carrier and then press a new Koyo bearing on to the old carrier.

I am not aware of Exedy supplying that type of new bearing/carrier that came in your clutch kit.

I think I know what the issue is.

Who did you buy the clutch kit from?

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the clutch kit from some Exedy seller from eBay - went for a reputable one and paid £260. I've had multiple mechanics check it over saying it's correct, the only thing they questioned was the bearing issue, and the fact the pressure plate Has 3 bolts instead of 6... If that makes sense. Sorry if it's a little confusing, I'm trying to pass on as much information I've had without making mistakes.

Edited by JimmyWhite1
Mistake

Okay if you are not prepared to name the seller then I can only assume that it was possibly NCD or Techniclutch.

You will probably also find that the Genuine Part numbers stamped on the old Exedy clutch cover and plate do not match up with the part numbers on the new parts.

The two above named eBay sellers (both the same company but different names) are notorious for selling cheap option in Exedy boxes.

Send the kit back and buy from a reputable seller.

Exedy NSK 2168 is the part number you require

Read the reviews.

4 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

This is what you want: Part number is in last post.

s-l1600.png

Thanks again.

That bearing doesn't look like my old one, I'm guessing it's for display purposes only? I'll do some more thorough research tomorrow and buy from a more reputable company.

Really appreciate the help.

Many thanks.

That is the same bearing that is in your first post, trust me.

Your picture shows the bearing fitted to the bearing carrier.

As I have already explained you have to press the bearing off the old carrier and then press the new bearing onto the old carrier.

• Like 1