Help with BGW options

zeebez

I've been thinking and I've decided that I want to fit some kind of BGW to my 350Z. I've seen the odd post on FB and about the internet about what people have fitted but I wanted to know if anyone on here had fitted a wing to their 350 and what sort of problems they had if any.

As much as I like some of the premium brands my pockets aren't that deep mainly as i have to get some bodywork done on my hatch at the same time to make it look presentable.

From my own personal digging I've narrowed down the following options, going from cheapest upwards.

First up is ye ole faithful ebay job, now my main fears here are quality and the lack of any kind of reasonable returns process (as buying from china) now the wing is good value at approx £220 shipped but i fear its "too cheap" if you know what i mean.

Option 1)  Cheapo Chineese ebay wing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/57-Universal-Real-Carbon-Fiber-Rear-Roof-Spoiler-Wing-For-ACURA-3D-3DI-GT-JDM/152896077774?hash=item239950ffce:rk:25:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

Baring the obvious Photoshop on the red car and the different height on the other it looks very much like the next contender (baring specs slightly different)

Option 2) Factory Tune Universal wing - 2 options here - Both at £350 https://www.tune-factory.co.uk/universal-items/carbon-spoiler/universal-carbon-fiber-big-gay-wing-spoiler-jdm-car-track-drift-bgw-tune-gt-144.html 

universal-carbon-fiber-big-gay-wing-spoi

and the other style: https://www.tune-factory.co.uk/universal-items/carbon-spoiler/universal-carbon-fiber-big-gay-wing-spoiler-bgw-jdm-car-track-drift-tune-gt-101.html

universal-carbon-fiber-big-gay-wing-spoi

Out of the two styles im levitating toward the more curvy design as i think that will suit the 350z more.

Option 3) Lastly there is the "ings style" While i appreciate its its a rip off by pockets cant afford the high end gear. comes in at approx £400 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carbon-Fiber-Style-Trunk-Spoiler/dp/B01KWW51F4

41OTpEW3bkL.jpg

41HH31ncY9L.jpg

The issue I'm having is i haven't seen many IRL examples of BGW's (like above) fitted to 350z's and I was hoping to call upon the vast wealth of experience and knowledge of the forum to call out to anyone who might have tried any of the above wings and what experiences you have had with them. Aso what other Carbon wings have people fitted, how much and any pictures would be much appreciated.

I've found loads of stuff over in the states but upon asking on shipping costs I'm simply not prepared to pay the best part of £500 to ship to the UK, so that rules out state side shipping. 

Any advice or guidance would be much appreciated :)

I would go with the INGs style as it looks like it fits a 350z, every other one WILL need the bases modified to fit the curve of the 350z tailgate. 

I think mine is a megan racing one, I wasn't up for bending the legs to the curve of the car so I ghetto cut up a chopping board to mount it to the tailgate so I wouldn't get vibrations or noise while still being strong and functional (probably, depends on the height you set it from the roof and the distance). 

Might have some pics on my build thread if I can find them.

If you have pics any where that would be awesome, or a link to your build thread :)

I have a 3d printer and a small CNC so i can make adaptors or new wing supports for the wing mounts its more how the wing actually looks when its fitted to the car. Its hard to gauge a proper view from generic images as they just show you one angle. I don't want it to look too small or big either its a tricky choice.

**edit, I have had a butchers through your build topic, most of the pics wont display but I did find a few, its a nice looking wing but a bit beyond my grasp at present with import costs and duty etc. Also your 350 is a stunner :thumbs: **

Edited by zeebez