JAPFEST SILVERSTONE SUNDAY 5TH MAY 2019

andy james

26 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Doesn't T mean Tarmac :shrug::lol: Or is it T and B not sure now I thing about it....

A up m8 how much for arches going fest as well ive got rust on front tried everthing stop it so need cover just till this year is over 

IMG-20190416-WA0004.jpeg

4 hours ago, cs2000 said:

@Silverthorn, our tickets say the stand location is T1, T means tunnel. Im pretty damn low (to the point where i cant tackle most speed bumps) and i dont scrape anywhere, just take it slow down the ramps both up and down, and give it some beans through the tunnel, thats what everyone does.

Ground clearance is probably down to about an inch at best now :lol: I honestly can't remember the last time i went over a speed bump.

I'll try and sweet talk them into letting my take the bridge route - hopefully they won't mind! :shrug:

Thanks for the map though! Only ever been to Silverstone once so that'll no doubt come in handy trying to navigate my way around :thumbs:

Edited by Silverthorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Justthejedi said:

Aiming to get on the stand for 9, think I'll use the A5 down from Rugby instead of the M1 as it's 50mph all the way down and that's boring! Hope to see some of you on-route.

If i was you, id aim for 8:30 mate, traffic is terrible on the way in and if youre not on the stand by 9AM, youre directed to the public car park.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, zelda said:

Is the rain scuppering anyone else's detailing efforts.. :dry:

I got mine washed and dried earlier (no tyre shine) but it already looks like its going to rain again and I still have to drive to Silverstone/Northampton tomorrow.

I am staying overnight locally to Siverstone so I am aiming to arrive at about 7 am on the assumption that the hotel doesn't serve breakfast until 6 am.

Edited by StormWhite

Annoying isn't it. I took all wheels off and cleaned them, along with headlights and exhaust tips this afternoon in between the showers.

Looks like tomorrow I'll be dodging the rain again whilst trying to do the paint work.

Got to fit new wiper blades and number plates as well. Busy day.

20 hours ago, Mike k-g said:

Anyone posting any pic of Japfest ?

cud'nt make it but would like to see what was there.

I’ll probably take some.  There’s usually a photos thread after the event.  I’ll bung then there and on my insta page

@paultk1 

If I get to Silverstone area for around 8am would that leave enough time with the queues and traffic? Takes around an hour to get to the track from my house, and was planning on leaving around 7am. Or is that too late?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wrenny said:

If I get to Silverstone area for around 8am would that leave enough time with the queues and traffic? Takes around an hour to get to the track from my house, and was planning on leaving around 7am. Or is that too late?

Would love to know the same!ha.

3 hours ago, cs2000 said:

If i was you, id aim for 8:30 mate, traffic is terrible on the way in and if youre not on the stand by 9AM, youre directed to the public car park.

2 minutes ago, Wrenny said:

Just a quick note to those that have not experienced the volume  of cars on the local roads around Silverstone,

Unfortunately many members over the years have been turned away for being late so be warned.

At 7am hundreds of cars are queuing up outside.

Get close to the venue well before 8am or you will not get in!

Not wanting to put a damper on this but it is the biggest Japanese car show on the calendar.

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, andy james said:

Just a quick note to those that have not experienced the volume  of cars on the local roads around Silverstone,

Unfortunately many members over the years have been turned away for being late so be warned.

Not wanting to put a damper on this but it is the biggest Japanese car show on the calendar.

Leave at 6am it is then! Cheers Andy! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, andy james said:

Thanks, will leave a bit earlier then!

Just taking a break for the 4th time because of hailstones. Literally I’m melting for about 30 mins, then out of nowhere, Hail! Grrrrrr! Anyone else being interrupted today?

i did try and convince @Keyser to come and park us all up, but he was having none of it! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Luckily I managed to get a good coat of wax on with the DA this morning before the rain came, I’ve also dried it off 3 times today. Finally done, started at 10:30, finished at 6pm! Lol

see you all tomorrow

• Like 1