JAPFEST SILVERSTONE SUNDAY 5TH MAY 2019

andy james

32 minutes ago, RKreuchen said:

Will we get directions on how to get into this area. ie which gates we need to head for etc. 

Yes you'll have the parking area pass (T1) with you and the stewards will direct you to the correct area. You shouldn't miss us anyway B)

18 hours ago, 14N said:

OK, guys (and gals) it looks like (from the size of the plot) that with circa 80 cars it's going to be a bit of a squeeze. So with this in mind please park considerately when arriving on stand. Don't just park up and bugger off :lol: Please try to stay 'local' to your car for a short while in case we need to shuffle or squeeze folk closer together.

Yes I know everyone will be arriving in their pride and joy and would like to leave enough space between cars to avoid door dings, but you'll be parking amongst other Z owners on the owners club stand, so it's a safe assumption that everyone will have a shared respect for your car.

I'm not asking that you park like sardines unable to open doors fully, but try and apply some common sense and consideration. Cheers :thumbs: 

As long as I can fully open my door I will be happy. After all I will need to be able to get out.:thumbs:

Edited by StormWhite

1 hour ago, Wrenny said:

So to confirm, we arrive and park up. Then when our track time comes we drive to track time parking and do the briefing, go out on track then come back to our club stand spot?

If you can collar me when you arrive I will make sure your not boxed in. Go to your briefing with your driving license and all of the relevant paperwork done,come back to the stand,do your session and return to your spot. Make sure you have long sleeve top and trousers on or they won't let you go out.

• Thanks 1

On 26/04/2019 at 06:00, Trott said:

Gates open at 7 and your car needs be on the club stand by 9.30 m8

Be aware that the approach road gets very busy with various people heading to their respective club stands so be prepared to queue a bit to get in. 

So further to my previous message I’ve spoken to someone at Japfest and they’ve told me that they can transfer a ticket over, so if anyone can no longer make it I will be interested in buying their ticket for this club meet.

My number is 07754 550 764

Thank you 

Adam 

Edited by secretstar07979

On 29/04/2019 at 13:22, secretstar07979 said:

So further to my previous message I’ve spoken to someone at Japfest and they’ve told me that they can transfer a ticket over, so if anyone can no longer make it I will be interested in buying their ticket for this club meet.

My number is 07754 550 764

Thank you 

Adam 

If it's raining you can have my ticket :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys. I’ve made a massive error and somehow when booking tickets for lots of shows at the same time I have amazingly not purchased a ticket although I have stated to you that I would be on the stand. What do I do now? I’ll call japfest in the morning but am I listed as being on the stand or not? If I get a ticket can I still get in the stand? Total nightmare as I’m going to donnington on Saturday staying over and was planning to drive down with a lot of z’s in the morning. Total nightmare and hope someone can help. Thanks and I f it’s easier please drop me a text or call 07403299433

Edited by Mikee sheldon

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:48, Killick.z said:

Yes you'll have the parking area pass (T1) with you and the stewards will direct you to the correct area. You shouldn't miss us anyway B)

Hope I haven't got to go through that tunnel under the track like last time I went to Silverstone.

That's a surefire way to write off your front lip and Y-pipe flexi's :bang:

Edited by Silverthorn

50 minutes ago, Silverthorn said:

Hope I haven't got to go through that tunnel under the track like last time I went to Silverstone.

That's a surefire way to write off your front lip and Y-pipe flexi's :bang:

I am sure there are two ways to get to the event,one over the bridge and one through the tunnel...although the bridge might be your best bet...or just :plane: in :teeth: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Mike k-g said:

Anyone posting any pic of Japfest ?

cud'nt make it but would like to see what was there.

Im sure we will do when it happens this weekend :)

@Silverthorn, our tickets say the stand location is T1, T means tunnel. Im pretty damn low (to the point where i cant tackle most speed bumps) and i dont scrape anywhere, just take it slow down the ramps both up and down, and give it some beans through the tunnel, thats what everyone does.

PS, does anybody going to Japfest want these before i bin them? (Reserved by @Umster now)

Edited by cs2000

18 minutes ago, cs2000 said:

Im sure we will do when it happens this weekend :)

@Silverthorn, our tickets say the stand location is T1, T means tunnel. Im pretty damn low (to the point where i cant tackle most speed bumps) and i dont scrape anywhere, just take it slow down the ramps both up and down, and give it some beans through the tunnel, thats what everyone does.

PS, does anybody going to Japfest want these before i bin them?

Doesn't T mean Tarmac :shrug::lol: Or is it T and B not sure now I thing about it....

Edited by Andy_Muxlow

8 minutes ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

Doesn't T mean Tarmac :shrug::lol:

Naa, they have either T or B. Tunnel or Bridge. If youre a T ticket, you'll get sent to the left as you enter the site, if you have a B ticket, youll get sent to the right to head to the back of the circuit infield via the bridge near the BRDC clubhouse. Due to the location of our stand, we will all be T ticket holders.

That being said, if you're running super lows and genuinely cannot get under the tunnel, im sure you could ask to go the other way as all the infield roads join up anyway. Youd have to head to the bridge, turn right at the roundabout as you come off of the bridge, then when you get to the end of the road turn left to head up to the other side of the tunnel where our stand is, cutting out the tunnel completely.

The letters and numbers on the ticket you hang in the car are massive because they're intended for the marshals to direct you to the correct location. They dont really care if its Tarmac or Grass, they just need to know which way to send you, hence Tunnel or Bridge :)

Because im bored, we will be sent the red route (tunnel is highlighted in Yellow. But you could 9im sure) request to go the Bridge route shown in blue. Those infield roads are open as they're used for traffic movements in and out of the show, and its the route to get to the track if you're doing a track session. Will take you longer to get there though because you'll literally be driving through the entire show so will be queuing waiting for people to get onto their stands.

Capture.png

Edited by cs2000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1