About time I said hi

As I've been lurking around doing allot of reading of old posts I thought it about time I said hello.

I'm Colin, I live near Chester and work in Liverpool, so the Z is regularly between the two.

I've got a 2003 350z GT, had it a couple of months now. 64k miles in very straight and clean condition (with the exception of needing a cat).

A couple of mods were already on the car, nothing too adventurous though... except the oddest one of all, a well fitted LPG conversion with valve oil injector and a remap.

As odd as it is I'm loving the gas though, as commuting in the Z is quite enjoyable, and now affordable.

20181029_173041.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Colin, welcome.

An LPG kit...!  I think that's only the second LPG conversion i've ever heard of on this forum in over a decade on here!

Did you have this fitted yourself or was it on the car when you bought it?  If you did it yourself, how does the performance compare to before?  How many miles do you get out of a tank, and how much does that cost?

Your car looks nice and straight. :thumbs:

• Like 1

@marzman Hi, the LPG kit was already fitted. Performance wise, on the road there is no noticeable difference when I'm on 98 octane petrol, to when I'm on the LPG.

The sound at the exhaust is kind of smoother, less rumble than on petrol, but otherwise really no difference.

No idea if that would be the same on the track.

Mileage is pretty good. Under normal driving I'll get 24-25mpg on petrol and about 21 on gas.

The tank will run me 170 miles at a cost of about £16-18.

You do loose all of the boot between seats and strengthener to the tank though.

They also did a lovely job of hiding the filler behind the number plate, so it's not visible from outside.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...