400bhp 370z at SEMA

Experimental for the 400Z. You can always source an Infinity Q60 Engine and swap it or wait 3+ years for the 400Z. Whole new platform. That would probably be £55k new. But if you waited long enough could probably pick it up at 35k like the current Q60

Edited by GranTurismoEra

11 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Some criticism Ive heard is where is the 370 BHP or 350 BHP. But if referring to engine size I thought it should be named the 300 Z. But maybe they are moving it along with each version going on power now. 

Either way they should go with Z GT and Z Nismo 

Oh wow! :bangin: 

So did they think a BMW 318 has 318 bhp? :lol: What about the Peugeot 1008? Imagine that with 1008bhp :lol:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ekona said:

I still don’t think we’ll ever see a new Zed tbh. Too big an investment and I can’t see them being competitive with rivals to sell enough. 

^^^ This, well certainly not in the near future, they probably need to recuperate the investment for the poor sales of the 370z and if we do i cannot imagine you will be looking at a big capacity lump with loads of power, too close to the gtr and it would completely buck the trend of other manufacturers going smaller capacity and turbo. The only thing close is the new Supra and with the BMW tie in, they have removed a load of development costs. I am not saying it wouldnt be nice to see of course, but would anyone pay close to double what the 350&370 cost in line with the new Supra, that was the highlight for the Z cars, bang for buck imho.

• Like 3

On 31/10/2018 at 20:26, Ekona said:

I still don’t think we’ll ever see a new Zed tbh. Too big an investment and I can’t see them being competitive with rivals to sell enough. 

lol.... Hopefully mr chief designer alfonso wont give up the ghost....simply putting a q60 engine and altering the design is still a big investment. It can be competitive with the rivals. Bigger question is whos still buying jap sports cars. See what happens with the supra.

It might force Nissan to strike up a collaboration with Mercedes?

Personally i think the Supra is a completely different kettle of fish, the UK list price was £40k plus in 1993, i dont think its ever been designed to compete with Z cars or vice versa, as said above the Zed has always bargain basement (in a positive way). Maybe the new Supra though will give Nissan some enthusiasm to compete but i think your right they will have to collaborate with someone and until the new GTR comes around i just cant see them devoting time to a low number market place.

I find it a bit odd after the 90's and early 2000's when there was some great Japanese sports cars, nothing good has come out of there for years (apart from the GTR and thats not an affordable sports car), the Z is the sole survivor and massively dated, quite sad really as i really would love to be having the choice for my next car like we did in the 90's.

@GranTurismoEra: And then what? A 4wd turbo four pot car? Nah, I’m good thanks. Unless they take the SLK (or whatever it’s called now), but even then that’s not exactly the ethos of a good Zed. Imho, obvs. 

I’ve no doubt the Supra will “sell out”, but I also don’t see why anyone really cares about it unless they want a Z4 with a tintop. It ain’t a Supra, and let’s be honest it’s not really even a Toyota. 

Edited by Ekona

Right now I’d rather take the R8 over the Huracan, at least until the godawful R8 facelift is actually seen on the roads. Why they ruined perfection I’ll never know. 

Toyota aren’t releasing prices. I’d be amazed if it’s cheaper than the Bmw equivalent, but happy to be proved wrong. 

10 hours ago, Ekona said:

@GranTurismoEra: And then what? A 4wd turbo four pot car? Nah, I’m good thanks. Unless they take the SLK (or whatever it’s called now), but even then that’s not exactly the ethos of a good Zed. Imho, obvs. 

I’ve no doubt the Supra will “sell out”, but I also don’t see why anyone really cares about it unless they want a Z4 with a tintop. It ain’t a Supra, and let’s be honest it’s not really even a Toyota. 

4 pot turbo option could be a reality if they become desperate. If mercedes get involved to boost sales. 

Any v6 will probably appear as a top spec or nismo version. 

No its not a good base for a Z. The slk 250, slk350 amg and 500 amg v8 versions are for a different market plus they weigh quite a lot. Nice cars though

4 pot version will be similar to jaguars 4 pot but cheaper. It could be priced similar to TT (35-46k) with 300bhp. But then Im only interested in the v6.

If it keeps the Z alive they should consider it. A v6 twin turbo with 400 for the gt and lighter weight and 450hp nismo would be nice though. At that power rear wheel biased awd is a good idea with a manual and dual clutch auto option. Would cost an arm though. They would need to develop a better auto gearbox similar to dsg for any 4 pot as the 370z auto is slow on shifts

GTR R36 will probably be around 600-700 bhp. I dont think gtr will be affected. What will hit GTR more is their pricing strategy. If 100k plus..and Z nismo is 55k with close to 500bhp

Despite all this it might still not sell well in uk. Its Japanese.....US they will love it there

you are right though... what kept the 350 doing well was it undercut the market. Nissan got hype now.  why they think the 700 bhp r50 by italdesign is a good idea :wacko:

Edited by GranTurismoEra

12 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

4 pot turbo option could be a reality if they become desperate. If mercedes get involved to boost sales. 

Any v6 will probably appear as a top spec or nismo version. 

No its not a good base for a Z. The slk 250, slk350 amg and 500 amg v8 versions are for a different market plus they weigh quite a lot. Nice cars though

4 pot version will be similar to jaguars 4 pot but cheaper. It could be priced similar to TT (35-46k) with 300bhp. But then Im only interested in the v6.

If it keeps the Z alive they should consider it. A v6 twin turbo with 400 for the gt and lighter weight and 450hp nismo would be nice though. At that power rear wheel biased awd is a good idea with a manual and dual clutch auto option. Would cost an arm though. They would need to develop a better auto gearbox similar to dsg for any 4 pot as the 370z auto is slow on shifts

GTR R36 will probably be around 600-700 bhp. I dont think gtr will be affected. What will hit GTR more is their pricing strategy. If 100k plus..and Z nismo is 55k with close to 500bhp

Despite all this it might still not sell well in uk. Its Japanese.....US they will love it there

you are right though... what kept the 350 doing well was it undercut the market. Nissan got hype now.  why they think the 700 bhp r50 by italdesign is a good idea :wacko:

I wouldnt mind a 4 pot turbo in line with something like the A45 AMG, would i pay £50k+ for a Z though, not a chance and i doubt there are many on here that would. No offence of course, i am staggered anyone paid for £38k for a 370z Nismo to be honest.

Mentioning Nismo i think you have two hopes of there being a "hot" Nismo Z car and if by some miracle they do a 500hp awd with dual clutch Z etc (which is just to close to comfort to the GTR platform)  surely is got to be inline with the current one so £75k+, its just not a Z at that point imho