Oem and aftermarket crankshafts

Nutter

Hi all,

its been a while while since I last ventured onto her but I’m in the middle of a fi build on a spare de engine.

the crank which was in the de engine is scored and I’d prefer not to reuse. I’ve been looking at alternatives and an oem from Nissan seems likely although I’ve recently come across an aftermarket crank from zed performance.

has anyone got any experience of this crank please? I can’t find anything online about it being used by anyone. I’ve asked the supplier questions and I’m awaiting feedback but looking to see if anyone here has used them.

Thanks

Thomas 

Hi Thomas,

I can’t offer any info regarding the Zed performance crank and it may be absolutely fine however just to give you my thoughts, I think in your position I’d either reface the crank you have and use + bearings or source a replacement oem part so you’re not introducing any unknown into your build, sounds like your build is gonna be serious given it’s FI so I’d go with peace of mind and a route that’s been tried, tested and proven a 100 times over. Would be horrendous to have a crank let go and write off an otherwise sound engine. 

Good luck with your build!!