370z 12 plate alarm going off randomly

gingerslippers

Hi all,

I’m not entirely sure where this should be posted so hopefully can be moved to a more appropriate folder/ section.  Having googled and seen that others have encountered this issue, I’m posting in the hope that the information I pass on is if use to someone.

Since owning the 370 I’ve had very random and inconsistent alarm issues.  The alarm would go off - usually in the middle of the night which I and the neighbours love!  I tried looking into all suggestions such as battery power drop, deactivating cabin motion sensor, damp in the car, boot/bonnet latches, insects within the car, shutting air vents, wireless doorbells in the vicinity etc etc but the other night when it went off (and not sure why I didn’t notice this before)  found that my drivers side window was down a tiny amount.  It was obvious to see that the window hadn’t moved a fraction up when the door was closed (as it should do).  This hopefully is the cure to my issue as I’m presuming then that a simple gust of wind was setting it off.  As it appears to be an intermittent window mechanism fault, it would explain why the alarm sounding had no regularity.  I hope at the very least this gives another option as to someone else’s shared problem so they don’t get further sleepless nights!

I recall some 370 owners have had the issue like you describe, but did a quick search on here and could not find any outcomes to help.

But,  it might be worth you contacting Sly at Kaizer Motors (trader on here) who is an award winning ex Nissan Master technician who may be able to help, although I see you are based in Hampshire and he is based near Hoo in Kent, but that did/would not deter me traveling from near Littlehampton when I had the 370 or indeed as I have since, failing any help from your ask on here..

https://kaizermotor.co.uk/

Hi, it’s not a simple case of leaving the window open as obviously the alarm will pick up on that and you would expect it to go off.  With the 370, the windows drop automatically when you open the door.  They are then supposed to rise when the door is shut.  I suspect my window sometimes isn’t rising as it should so there’s a small gap and air is getting in which then activated the alarm.  There are a few suggestions on the issue but this wasn’t listed so thought I’d throw it in there so others can check if they have the same problem.