Car identity

Luke2454

Hello guys I’m after a little help identifying exactly what my car is (only brought recently)

the car was registered in dec2016

on the sales invoice it’s a NISMO + GT

does this mean it is a genuine nismo as searching online it says the nismo 350z wasn’t sold until 2007....

it has the rear spoiler, rear bumper and skirts as pictured on Wikipedia however the front bumper isn’t as long and isn’t smoothed,also my car has the Nissan badge on the front.

also a little Advise as to what engine is fitted as I was told it was a REV UP.... is the a way to determine what engine is fitted? 

I have tried the 350z vin decoder but it says the vin can’t be found...

any advise would be much appreciated.

:worthless:

Firstly, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! 

It's hard to tell exactly what you've got unless you post some photos up but most likely you've got a nismo bodykit. 

In the UK I think nissan offered the aero kit an expensive optional extra on all 350z's. If the fitment is good it's hard to tell whether it's genuine or a replica unless you take the bits off and see if it actually says nismo underneath. 

The DE and Rev-up engines look identical from the outside but the Rev-up has a higher redline (starts at 7000rpm). The later HR engine looks different, has twin intakes and a higher redline again starting at 7500rpm.

Cheers I think I know what it is now then...

as it only has one intake I’m guessing it’s a DE 

and as the sales invoice says  nismo + GT I’m assuming it’s a GT with the nismo body kit fitted from factory 

595BC292-F263-4206-AA73-512F6475B4E7.jpeg

EE15DA2D-4405-449E-BEE6-ECD24881034B.jpeg

FB645651-C4D1-411A-A69A-135EC52CAE0A.jpeg

Yup looks like it's got a full Nismo V1 bodykit (front bumper, sideskirts, spoiler & rear bumper spats).

If it's a GT it should also have heated electric leather seats, cruise control & the bose sound system. 

Like I said before if the redline for the revs starts at 6.5k it's a DE, 7k it's a rev-up.

aww, now i'm really missing my black zed with the nismo kit. it's in the garage at the moment for a few bits.

if you have the rev up keep a very close eye on your oil levels. many rev ups are known to drink oil fast. need to work out if you have a drinker or a sipper. it's not a problem, just something to be aware of and take care of.

22 hours ago, SHEZZA said:

From your pics it’s definitely a facelift     rev-up too, from looking at the lights and the cover on the timing chain. :thumbs:

Although looking at, it may have pre facelift front reflectors, the facelift ones stick out a bit more than that I think.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jay84 said:

Although looking at, it may have pre facelift front reflectors, the facelift ones stick out a bit more than that I think.

Spot on jay, the nismo V1 bumper uses the pre facelift reflectors when fitted to all three variants of zeds. 

12 hours ago, HiddenWomble said:

aww, now i'm really missing my black zed with the nismo kit. it's in the garage at the moment for a few bits.

if you have the rev up keep a very close eye on your oil levels. many rev ups are known to drink oil fast. need to work out if you have a drinker or a sipper. it's not a problem, just something to be aware of and take care of.

Mare are you local to Stratford by any chance? I need a p2 service on mine and in unsure of where to take it...

Thank you for all the replies and tips guys, Im trying to learn as much as I can about this car... It’s the first car I’ve owned (mostly owned fast vag hatched before)that I actually go out of my way to drive!!! iI

AF46EDB7-C141-40F2-BC55-3C062219EA47.png

1A3F7431-F8F5-4E41-84B1-4E86A2939B45.png

• Like 1