Unbelievable insurance quote

ATTAK Z

Just got a quote for my insurance renewal ... £209.01 from LV ... that's for a 911 Carrera S ... UNBELIEVABLE ...

Mods, please move this post if you want it in another section ... I've put it here for max exposure as I think people will want to get a quote for their Zeds

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Just got a quote for my insurance renewal ... £209.01 from LV ... that's for a 911 Carrera S ... UNBELIEVABLE ...

Mods, please move this post if you want it in another section ... I've put it here for max exposure as I think people will want to get a quote for their Zeds

Reason number 109 to hate Hugh :lol:

I have a 2012 Jeep, no accidents or claims and my insurance is $2568.00CAD . . . I feel like I am being ripped off every year. I guess that's what come from a government run insurance scheme scam :angry:

• Haha 2

How are LV for modified cars? May need to give them a try next time. They seem a really good company, the Mrs car was hit by a flying caravan wheel recently at the other person was covered by LV, and to be honest the service we received from them in getting the car repaired was absolutely fantastic!

11 hours ago, ATTAK Z said:

Are you a high ranking police officer keeping your Zed in a secure police car park at night by any chance? :lol:

• Haha 1

Just tried a quote for my 2017 370Z

Age 61

Clean licence

9+ years Protected NCD

Parked on driveway overnight

Quote from LV - An incredible £975 which didn't seem to vary much by increasing the default excess.

I think I'll stay with Hasting Direct.

• Like 1

When I renewed insurance with eSure on our Kia they offered legal cover.

When I asked what exeptions were not covered they said

"We will only cover legal fees in cases where we feel we will win!"

I asked how they quantify feel? 

He reverted to the previous scripted answer.

So I told him I would do without as I wasn't feeling very confident with their "we'll help you if we feel like it" attitude :lol:

1 minute ago, Ponsonby said:

Ouch!!

I pay around £500 total for my 2 cars but will try LV to see if I can get better.

One of the few advantages of being 55.

I'm hoping it will drop dramatically next year like my BMW did last year. Yeah being 21 isn't always very fun!

Rec'd my renewal a week ago.... Direct Line wanted nearly £1100 on a multi car policy.

Rang Admiral, quoted on a lower excess, 9 years NCD, 51 years old.......... £546.00.

Goodbye Direct Line!! Also maybe another car over..... decreased premium from £504 to £270.00

On 20/10/2018 at 00:45, ATTAK Z said:

Interesting. I just tried to get a quote for my 911 turbo and after filling in about 100 pages of info they came back and said "sorry, we dont insure this type of car". 

• 2 months later...

Just in the process of my annual insurance shop around. 

So far lowest quotes are through LV, Hastings Direct and Saga.

Saga is lowest premium and lowest excess until you add modifications - my 350Z is currently standard but not sure how long I can resist putting an exhaust on it.

Will probably end up using LV.

Currently with Admiral - £500 for my two cars last year, wanting £860 this year. I don't think so ...

• Like 1

I’ve been having a root around as well. Got 3 points on my licence which don’t come off until August. Was paying £420 with Admiral last year and renewal came in at £520. Got Adrian Flux in for £420 which is pretty good compared to what’s coming in on the price comparison sites. 

Will give Chris Knott a go to see if they can beat £420. 

Im 32 with 9 years NCB. 

43 minutes ago, slipstream said:

I got mine through Admiral this year on a multi car policy fully comp with all mods declared and am paying £170 and thats on a HR. 

Wow that's low power hatchback territory !

:thumbs: