banana arms and drop links - what to order

BigPoch

Hi All,

44322743_1689174881186912_8657242115417309184_n.png?_nc_cat=110&oh=e30794bdf9b488f28d4bb403f514a276&oe=5C488B5A

Had my car on the ramp and as you can i my arm has fallen off its bushing on the right side. Help i need is picking the right components to order:

I want to replace the right side CR and on the left side just that drop links, am i correct in thinking i only need to order these parts?

1) Banana Arm - Tarmac or Moog? any advice appreciated

2) Drop links - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-NISSAN-350Z-Z33-3-5-2002-FRONT-LEFT-RIGHT-ANTIROLL-BAR-STABILISER-LINKS/162247440076?hash=item25c6b376cc:g:RhoAAOSwKOJYGgOt

Thanks for the help

Just to be clear your saying you just want to replace one arm and both drop links?

I'd really get both arms swapped, if one's failed the other won't be far behind. The car's going to feel a bit odd with very differently behaving arms not to mention that the process for swapping one is pretty much the same for 2 if your doing it yourself or paying it's more economical to do both at once.

• Like 1

I figured the ball joints would be going as well and bought some Moog ones from Torqen and did it all myself. With the bushes you'll need to get a garage to do it so either pay for them to do everything or take the arms off and take them to the garage to press out/in. Obviously not so good if it's your only car.

• Like 1

Hi buddy,

For clarity have a quick look o this thread: 

If you want to replace just the bushes on the banana arms, these are the ones required, always in stock:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/bushes/767-350z-energy-suspension-compression-rod-bushing-kit-73121x-crb.html

If you need to replace the complete arm, you have a choice between Dorman and Moog, see here:

https://www.torqen.uk/53-arms-links

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi buddy,

For clarity have a quick look o this thread: 

If you want to replace just the bushes on the banana arms, these are the ones required, always in stock:

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension-steering/bushes/767-350z-energy-suspension-compression-rod-bushing-kit-73121x-crb.html

If you need to replace the complete arm, you have a choice between Dorman and Moog, see here:

https://www.torqen.uk/53-arms-links

Thanks so much, exactly what i was looking for!

So do you guys i think i should first try and just replace the bushings on the banana arm? - im not sure what the balljoint condition is :S 

Or should i replace both the bushings and the banana arms on both sides? 

Thanks

Edited by BigPoch

ok so sanity check: i went to see the arms again and here they are:

PS:

44657173_560129197754716_5003602552986533888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=0460239f324105c28fae58ec2a5acb0b&oe=5C540E63

DS:

44790436_669570823443112_5065742101170356224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=db208c985914de6bf291be42fefeed97&oe=5C4D50C5

Only the DS arm has dropped on the bushing. Would it be worth purchasing polyeutherane bushings and pressing them onto the existing arms first? And if the DS ball joint is gone, then i guess i have to purchase 2 new arms? (@mdmetal - as you mentioned its not a good idea to have 2 different arms on the car)

Do you have any indication of when the banana arms were last changed? If only a few years old I would just change the bushes and see how you get on. Should get new poly bushes for well under £100 and you'l most likely never have to change them again. Worse case if the ball joint is knackered you can put the poly bushes into a moog/ dorman arm

4 hours ago, scobie140 said:

Do you have any indication of when the banana arms were last changed? If only a few years old I would just change the bushes and see how you get on. Should get new poly bushes for well under £100 and you'l most likely never have to change them again. Worse case if the ball joint is knackered you can put the poly bushes into a moog/ dorman arm

I have full service history with all invoices and reciepts and it doesnt seem they have ever been changed - i think im going to just put my mind at ease and order new arms and bushes and have it all done! :)

20 minutes ago, BigPoch said:

I have full service history with all invoices and reciepts and it doesnt seem they have ever been changed - i think im going to just put my mind at ease and order new arms and bushes and have it all done! :)

Martin, you don't need the bushes if you're getting new arms, unless you want to use poly bushes / uprated. Arms are sufficient in your case.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Martin, you don't need the bushes if you're getting new arms, unless you want to use poly bushes / uprated. Arms are sufficient in your case.

Thanks Adrian you have been a major help. Will be ordering two new arms from you this week !