Early ban on New Petrol and Diesel Vehicles

GranTurismoEra

9 hours ago, davey_83 said:

If you haven't well then your beliefs are no more founded than my own

Absolutely, i am not saying you are wrong, however, i am not the one saying ev's are the future of motoring so if you, gz or the government want "us" to believe, give us some factual evidence or comparisons. We are the ones that need convincing to change, not the hook line and sinkers like gz, as with anything on this forum, if someone makes a claim it needs backing up, if i told you my 350z had 340hp from an uprev, you wouldnt believe me with good reason, if i provided you with a dyno graph that said showed it has, well......

As said elsewhere, there is so so much more to it than emissions, its not sustainable for the plethora of reasons people have stated, problem is, you want to believe it, so you do, a lot like your religious beliefs, this was the whole failing of the ev thread. not one "doubt" was answered, just brushed aside with some useless info, a nonsensical graph that answered nothing or video showing a tesla out dragging some car or some other distraction about what the amazing Elon has in the pipeline next. 

Another question then, how do you "think" the government intend to fill the 28 billion void from fuel duty? Will you be happy paying duty on your electric? 

20 minutes ago, Jetpilot said:

Another question then, how do you "think" the government intend to fill the 28 billion void from fuel duty? Will you be happy paying duty on your electric? 

I think they should increase income tax and get rid of fuel duty now. That 28 billion doesn't all get used on the roadways etc. It's a question I raised in the last ev thread, and glad it's been raised in this new stealth ev thread. :lol: