Whiteline front sway

Shep1982

Hi guys, lowered my car on eibach springs and car handling a lot better although drop is defo more than advertised. More like 1.5 inches. Anyway I've got the whiteline front sway bar coming in the,post. Didn't order the rear as I'm out of cash and need the rest for disks and pads in December. However I can't seem to find anyone that has fitted just the front bar so am asking on here if anyone has and which setting have they used hard or softest. I can get the rear bar at a later date but it seems a lot of the US guys only run front anyway and say to not bother with the rear. Is there anyone with front sways and can you tell me if it does get rid of some of the roll and nasty understeer the car has when pushed in corners. 

20180901_151731.jpg

• Like 1

Can't answer your ARB/swaybar question and sorry if I'm telling you how to suck eggs but make sure you get the geometry done, if the drop is alot, you might need adjustable rear camber arms to get everything back inside tolerance.

If you don't there is a strong possibility you'll start eating tyres due to uneven wear, ask James Oversteer (don't know his name on here).

What Sim has said, get a proper 4 wheel Hunter alignment done as it will transform the handling.

The guys across the pond for once are correct, no need for a rear bar on the 370, however, I would have gone with Eibach instead of Shiteline.

4 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

What Sim has said, get a proper 4 wheel Hunter alignment done as it will transform the handling.

The guys across the pond for once are correct, no need for a rear bar on the 370, however, I would have gone with Eibach instead of Shiteline.

@Shep1982 the handling issue could be because your geometry is already out of whack.

Just to be controversial, I've got Eibach ARBs and whiteline drop links. ;)

Hi guys, already had 4 wheel hunter alighnment. They couldn't bring back to stock, however it is only just outside the oem high range specs. I'm happy with this anyway as I like a little negative camber. Only do around 3000 miles per year so not worried on tyres. Handling improved quite a bit after alighment compared to stock ride height and settings. Its just the dam understeer and front body roll in the front. Hopefully sway bar will sort it out :)

1 hour ago, Shep1982 said:

Hi guys, already had 4 wheel hunter alighnment. They couldn't bring back to stock, however it is only just outside the oem high range specs. I'm happy with this anyway as I like a little negative camber. Only do around 3000 miles per year so not worried on tyres. Handling improved quite a bit after alighment compared to stock ride height and settings. Its just the dam understeer and front body roll in the front. Hopefully sway bar will sort it out :)

Sounds like you just need to be heavier on the throttle to get rid of that understeer ;)

Oh trust I can't go any harder without shredding tarmac ;-P In safe locations obviously :-) Thanks guys for comments. Either way my sway bar arrives Monday so I'll fit it at the weekend and let ya know how it handles. Next grooved disks and breaks, high flow cat and second remap :-) 

I have no huge experience of the 370z but running a stiffer front roll bar can create more understeer, you'd want to stiffen up the rear bar to encourage more oversteer.

Regarding geometry try and go somewhere that will give you the geometry you want based on how you want the car to handle and not just dial in something standard or without the knowledge and understanding of what does what with what effects.

If your car is understeering, sadly just flooring the throttle will just push the nose wider and wider of the mark!

43 minutes ago, 350Butcher said:

I have no huge experience of the 370z but running a stiffer front roll bar can create more understeer, you'd want to stiffen up the rear bar to encourage more oversteer.

Regarding geometry try and go somewhere that will give you the geometry you want based on how you want the car to handle and not just dial in something standard or without the knowledge and understanding of what does what with what effects.

If your car is understeering, sadly just flooring the throttle will just push the nose wider and wider of the mark!

Following with interest I have both front and rear ..when I had my geo done at centre gravity he commented on how big the bar was :lol:

Okay just a quick review of the sway bar. Firstly took 2.5 hours to do with no power tools and a couple of tricky bolts (rusted). Now, I know the general consensus seems to be stiffer back soft front to get rid of understeer but from researching that mainly applies to front wheel drive cars. To illiminate understeer on the zed is softer back, harder front. I have left the oem rear back and fitted the Whiteline front sway which is around the same thickness as the oem bar however it's solid not hollow and weighs about double. Whitline suggest starting on soft setting so you can adjust to the cars new dynamics. I ignored and went straight to stiffest setting, which incidentally is the hole closest the bar. I took it out for a drive and at first I was thinking I can't feel any difference at all what a waste. So I took it to some location I know to push it. Now that's where I noticed the difference. The front body roll has reduced by about 40-50%  and when I used to push hard in certain tight bends and I mean push hard the car would immediately understeer. With the new bar the understeer seems to be all but eliminated. In fact it feels like the rear has slightly more grip at the limit, the front stays planted and the rear starts to oversteer. It's the good oversteer though the controllable progressive oversteer not the snap oversteer which is a nightmare. 

In summary, from stock the ride comfort does not change for daily driving, however the car feels more balanced now and understeer is pretty much gone. The rear end feels like it grips slightly more but when it does let go it's progressive.

I have to test some more but at the moment my thoughts are, well worth the money.

20181020_092945.jpg

20181020_131316.jpg

20181020_134722.jpg

Edited by Shep1982

If you’re happy that’s all that matters........good result!! 

From that I would say the stock front bar is very soft on the 370's and giving the front end some bar to deal with the weight of the engine is giving a big improvement......I'd still order up the rear bar to match up to the front you've got as I bet you'll notice an improvement again! 

Edited by 350Butcher