Hello all new owner Glasgow area

Hi thought i would introduce myself since I've been using the forum so much since buying my Zed.  Bought my 54 GT from Kendal on 1st of September and since and uneventful drive home with it, until my current leased car goes back tomorrow :yuck: its been kept in my parents garage only being allowed out at weekends onto their drive to wash, clay bar, polish and wax....... its now clean B)(in my opinion.... but compared to others on here its still filthy)

My plan is/was to keep for a year to save a bit of money ;):lol: and sell for similar money next year.... but i like it so may keep for longer.  I'm coming from a Seat Leon Cupra 290 black edition, which i have loved although front wheel drive with that kind of power isn't always that great  Anyway not much plans for the Zed, have sprayed the wiper arms, some ricer lights under the rear strut B) and planning on major service being done in the next month . but just looking for some hassle free enjoyable motoring any tips are always welcomed :thumbs: 

Cheers

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2290.JPG

IMG_3262.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

So today was a mixed day said bye to the Cupra which was very sad, but i am now insured on the Zed and its out from the garage!  Trip to Tesco for some 99 fuel (and shopping) and its now outside the flat.  Going to enjoy getting used to it and loving the sound!!!! Although the Cupra had the power the noise just wasn't there.  Need exhaust soon i think :teeth:

• Like 1

The Cupra was probably marginally quicker. But Z got more presence. Thinking of doing the NC500 next summer in a Z. We'll see!

I had a full custom that transformed the car. I sat in the passengers for the first time during the test drive by the Nissan sales guy and felt maybe i shouldnt sell

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 21:22, CAL-85 said:

So today was a mixed day said bye to the Cupra which was very sad, but i am now insured on the Zed and its out from the garage!  Trip to Tesco for some 99 fuel (and shopping) and its now outside the flat.  Going to enjoy getting used to it and loving the sound!!!! Although the Cupra had the power the noise just wasn't there.  Need exhaust soon i think :teeth:

I have recently gone from a 2016 RS3 to a 2006 350Z. No regrets whatsoever.

The RS3 was amazingly fast but apart from the fabulous engine note not that involving - also way too easy to hit license losing speeds.

My previous 350Z was the car I have enjoyed the most in the last few years so I bought another.

Nice healthy bank account now too, but please don't tell the wife

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 07:59, Ponsonby said:

The RS3 was amazingly fast but apart from the fabulous engine note not that involving - also way too easy to hit license losing speeds.

My previous 350Z was the car I have enjoyed the most in the last few years so I bought another.

i was behind the sedan version in my nismo. I didnt think it sounded better than my car. Just pops, bangs and farts...slightly quicker.

Sorry to hijack the thread but how come you didnt go back to a 370z?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

i was behind the sedan version in my nismo. I didnt think it sounded better than my car. Just pops, bangs and farts...slightly quicker.

Sorry to hijack the thread but how come you didnt go back to a 370z?

The sedan RS3 is the facelift one and considerably quieter than the pre facelift one with sport exhaust. I went from a Nismo to the RS3 and the difference in performance is huge. 

But I just want a toy for weekends and so just went for the cleanest 350Z I could find. It feels a bit retro after the RS which I like and love the lines of the 350.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 07:59, Ponsonby said:

Haha couldn't agree more the Cupra was crazy fast at motorway speeds and up :lol: although still tough to handle in the rain (had it wheelspin at 100 in 5th gear)

But bank balance isn't that great just now but should be good all going well with the Zed!:headhurt: