Japfest Silverstone - 5th May 2019

Zero:One

Hi all.

The date for Japfest Silverstone 2019 has been announced - 5th May. I thought I'd get the ball rolling early on this, next year marks 50 years of the Z car so it'll be a special one! There's even been talk on the bookface groups of trying to beat the number of cars on track world record during a parade lap which stands at 250 currently; the Skyline owners club (I think) held the record from 2010 until last year with 225. seeing as there are higher Z numbers in comparison, this should be easy!

I want to get some initial interest going on this as I'm going to try secure some support from Nissan and if we get some real interest going they're likely to want to get involved - see if they can supply some cars, a few freebies maybe and even spare a few fruity details on the Z35/400Z. But I make no promises until they've messaged me back! I've contacted one of the marketing managers so hopefully they'll be back to me fairly quickly.

What I need from everyone at this stage is interest - a yay or nay will do so add yourself to the list below. Also if you have family friends with any generation of Z let them know, the more cars we can get the better!

Thanks.

Mike

Interest

1. Zero:One
  • Like 1

I'll be going, I imagine there will be thread before long from the Regional Event Organiser. There were over 100 of us at this years japfest on our stand alone, plus a few other scragglers kicking about. The trick is to reach out to the other Zed OC's to get their interest up, as well as the kelsey group to allow the parade lap in the 1st place. 

• Like 1

@AndyJames is already well engaged with the other clubs and will I expect have something of an update fairly shortly.

On 06/08/2018 at 18:30, Humpy said:

Also might be worth looking at hotels to stay at. The other club that shall not be mentioned are also attending I believe and also booked accommodation. Worth thinking about :)

I'm on it chap. Have access to the group chat of all the z clubs and as the date for the Classic at Silverstone is only provisional on their website many hotels are already sold out!

Huge event in its own right which means it will take a massive effort to pull the Z gig off. Will keep you guys posted.

• Like 2

Don't Panic guys it's early days yet. I will post up the Japfest thread in due course.

With regards to the 50th Z anniversary celebration at Silverstone Classic next year I am in the loop with the other Z clubs but progress seems to be slow.

I do think we might need to make our own arrangements before its too late.

• Like 3

On 18/10/2018 at 20:52, andy james said:

Don't Panic guys it's early days yet. I will post up the Japfest thread in due course.

With regards to the 50th Z anniversary celebration at Silverstone Classic next year I am in the loop with the other Z clubs but progress seems to be slow.

I do think we might need to make our own arrangements before its too late.

I've PM'd you Andy :thumbs:

I'm locking this. We all admire your enthusiasm Zero but Andy James is our National Events Organiser and he will post the Japfest thread as soon as the tickets are on sale as he always does.  When he posts that thread we will copy and paste all interested parties from this thread to that one and leave a link here to the new thread.  The 50th anniversary relates to Z cars but in particular the 240z, we are in discussion with other forums/clubs including 240z and any 50th anniversary celebration involving parade laps etc will quite naturally be lead by 240z. Thanks G.

• Like 1

• glrnet locked this topic