Weekday Evening Meet and Social Midlands

Sim

Ok, so as it's getting cold and miserable, how about doing an evening meet on say a Tuesday night at a pub where they do good, but not expensive, food?

I know Davey_83 did the Crosspoint meet on a Sunday for Sunday Lunch but there was talk of a week day evening one but we went once, no one else was there and I haven't heard anything since?

Or are weekends just generally better for people?

I'm quite happy to sort a location but want to get an idea if people would be up for it?

Leicester/Coventry/Nottingham general midlands area maybe more in the sticks but obviously with a decent car park and no speed bumps but the key thing it being on a Tuesday or Wednesday?

I did a meet at the coopers arms in Weston Upon Trent last year (derbyshire). We tried a second but the weather was against us. It does a great carvery, has a massive car park, and often host car clubs. We didn't do anything to upset them last year, so I'm sure they'd let us back. If memory serves, Tuesdays worked well last year. its about 10 mins up the a50 from the m1 junction. 

• Like 1

I used to run one for an old club which was the same week in the month, same location every month - that way word spreads.

I would be up for something, Im in Hinckley, just off the M69. I reakon something around the Tamworth area could work well, easy access from lots of major roads to include people from most of the Midlands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 15:43, Jay84 said:

Found the link with some snaps and post code

lol, I think that is the one I went to in the stinking rain when no one else showed up, good food thankfully :)

So we have 5 or 6 possibles, any one else?

Edited by Sim