Stillen 370Z Canards, well carbon copies of them

Sim

In line with the Cooling duct review I put up, I thought I'd continue with my mods reviews.

So this morning it's the Stillen 370Z Canards.

I originally bought a pair of these from Chris at Tarmac but after some consideration, I decided to get them carbon skinned.

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-370z/370z-stillen-front-canards.html

I sent them off to 

Carbon Fibre It

http://www.carbonfibreit.co.uk

Originally they agreed to skin them but what I received was a completely carbon pair by using the Stillen ones as a mold,

I marked up the bumper, drilled small holes and used some tigerseal and stainless wide thread self tappers which have worked great.

To be honest the increased stability at speed is far higher than I expected, it is very noticeable, especially at speeds far in excess of the speed limit, obviously on track and the Autobahn. *cough*

The carbon was of very high quality and after over 8 months and a few thousand miles, they are still secure and no sign of any damage.

Writing this has prompted me to chase them up as they are supposed to be sending me another pair because they kept the original Stillen ones to make a mold.

I'll let you know why reply I get, but I can recommend the carbon they sent me and the increased stability after installation.

So I got a reply back from the Carbon guys, they are happy to send my originals back but before they do if anyone wants a set of carbon copies making, please let me know or get in touch with them asap :)

On 18/10/2018 at 09:46, Sim said:

So I got a reply back from the Carbon guys, they are happy to send my originals back but before they do if anyone wants a set of carbon copies making, please let me know or get in touch with them asap :)

Spoke with them and they said they're not doing carbon copies and are booked out for the next month? 

Gutted. 

3 hours ago, Umster said:

Spoke with them and they said they're not doing carbon copies and are booked out for the next month? 

Gutted. 

That's odd, as they could just do the same as they did for me using my original Stillen ones as a template.

Did they say that they had sent mine back?

@Sim that's what I was expecting but in my very brief conversation with them on WhatsApp they seem a little busy. I'm not sure where your canards are atm. 

Reached out to Payco about his setup and he's due to send me a few photos so will probably go down that avenue. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Beb said:

If you have the original stillen ones, I'll be happy to make some carbon copies

I'll message Andy and get him to send them back.

Let me know what deal you want to do.