My for sale post got approved then deleted?

Sim

On 10/10/2018 at 07:41, coldel said:

Just to clarify Sim posts in the welcome section do not count towards your post count no. Plenty of forums have rules around posting stuff for sale...I had a look on one the other day and couldn't even look at the for sale sub forum without first making a set of posts. Each forum has its own rules - it's a simple value exchange, the forum is free to use, people sign up here who potentially could be buying a car, the value exchange is that people actively participate towards the forum with posts over a period of time. If everyone sat lurking (I believe that is the phrase!) there would be no forum. Additionally these cars are generally a reasonable investment of cash for someone...being able to look at the history and good upkeep is a great benefit too.

Ok, so the welcome hello post with loads of info and pictures doesn't count?

I couldn't work out what was happening yesterday, I was looking at relevant threads rather than straight up spamming.

I did get it to 80 but that seems to have gone down by 20 over night?

17 minutes ago, Sim said:

I did pick relevant threads to to actually post on, but I gave up today as about 20 got deleted over night and loads of pictures seem to not even count.

That will be because you are spamming I am afraid. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

That will be because you are spamming I am afraid. :lol:

So do I need to move my potted history from the welcome section to somewhere else for it to count?

I say potted because it covered over 12 years of Z ownership.

Edited by Sim

You would be best speaking to one of the team mate.

However, I would guess that as you have been a member of the forum for 9 years and only had a few posts up to recently and when you discovered that you require 100 posts to enable you to advertise your car, you quite blatantly started posting heavily to get your count up to 100 so that you could sell your car. :blush:

Now correct me if I am wrong, but would you continue to have the same posting activity once you get your advert approved? :)

As I have said best to speak to a team member for clarity.:thumbs:

What we like to see are things like your s12 thread and things of a similar nature. What we try to avoid is people joining to sell their car and never be seen again. That's why 3 month or older threads that get resurrected with a token statement get deleted off your thread count. 

Sim, you sound like a decent chap and I hope you take this the right way - I am not on the mod group anymore but to replay back the general consensus of the team and how the forum is run.

The 100 post limit is not a box ticking exercise. Its there to ensure that members that actively post, contribute to and support other members of this car enthusiasts group consistently are rightly rewarded with the capability to sell their car towards a highly targeted audience. Have a look at the posts in the Zed for Sale section and see people selling are not just over the 100 post limit, they are well past it at 300 posts and above, many people in to the thousands. The limit is set at 100 to stop people misusing this opportunity but also the team will be watching for spamming which is where a member effectively puts up dozens of posts in a short period of time to get towards 100 - they will knock post counts down if they feel you are just trawling the site in a short space of time to just get your count up which is probably what you are seeing with your post count going down. 

Hope this helps, focus on normal posting practices, put a few considered posts up each day on recent posts instead of just spamming old ones. If you reach 100 in a couple of weeks and car is still for sale, then bingo try selling again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay84 said:

What we like to see are things like your s12 thread and things of a similar nature. What we try to avoid is people joining to sell their car and never be seen again. That's why 3 month or older threads that get resurrected with a token statement get deleted off your thread count. 

The 3 month old ones weren’t bad, the 18 month old ones were lol

The s12 thread will have a lot of interest if you keep it going beyond the sale of your 370. Hope we all see it through if you continue to post here

4 hours ago, Sim said:

I did pick relevant threads to to actually post on, but I gave up today as about 20 got deleted over night and loads of pictures seem to not even count.

Spam is spam. Also love how you were commenting on Green room posts thinking they would help you. They won't. Green room posts don't count :lol:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, coldel said:

Sim, you sound like a decent chap and I hope you take this the right way - I am not on the mod group anymore but to replay back the general consensus of the team and how the forum is run.

The 100 post limit is not a box ticking exercise. Its there to ensure that members that actively post, contribute to and support other members of this car enthusiasts group consistently are rightly rewarded with the capability to sell their car towards a highly targeted audience. Have a look at the posts in the Zed for Sale section and see people selling are not just over the 100 post limit, they are well past it at 300 posts and above, many people in to the thousands. The limit is set at 100 to stop people misusing this opportunity but also the team will be watching for spamming which is where a member effectively puts up dozens of posts in a short period of time to get towards 100 - they will knock post counts down if they feel you are just trawling the site in a short space of time to just get your count up which is probably what you are seeing with your post count going down. 

Hope this helps, focus on normal posting practices, put a few considered posts up each day on recent posts instead of just spamming old ones. If you reach 100 in a couple of weeks and car is still for sale, then bingo try selling again. 

I get it, I am active on lots of car groups, mainly Nissan related but more on FB and Whatsapp as I only use the forum on my computer.

We won't be disappearing anyway, my wife still has her Z and I'll still have my Z transplanted S12, and we'll still be doing rallies and car meets.

I'm in no mega rush to sell, just want it to go to someone who'll look after it.

My S12 build isn't even on the SXOC website and I'm a paid member there :)

19 hours ago, Jay84 said:

That said, I too like the look of your s12. 

Thanks, I do get it, as per my previous reply, just wanted to get an ad up, I'll keep that thread running, no idea how often I'll add though :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Konflict89 said:

I can't post 350z parts for sale unless i have 15 posts? A bit silly

Not really. It's there to help protect potential buyers. Imagine buying off someone with just a few posts only for them to run away. It can happen with those with lots of posts but less likely. This is a community and trust must be built. Great community IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Not really. It's there to help protect potential buyers. Imagine buying off someone with just a few posts only for them to run away. It can happen with those with lots of posts but less likely. This is a community and trust must be built. Great community IMO.

I do understand, but for me, i come here to see if anyone has suffered from the same issues as me, or for mod information and 99% of the time the information has already been kindly provided/discussed in previous threads, so i rarely need to ask or comment that much? And I've made an amateurs mistake by sending direct messages asking about products instead of posting them on the sales thread :( lol

19 hours ago, Konflict89 said:

I can't post 350z parts for sale unless i have 15 posts? A bit silly

Yeah agreed, I always felt it should be higher. The number of chancers we get barrelling up and trying to sell stuff without bothering to chip in to the community is quite high. Perhaps 50 is a better barometer?

• Like 4

23 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

"It's there to help protect potential buyers."  That comment is true in respect of the Zeds for sale sub-forum but not so in respect of parts for sale. 

See rules here:

However....

As SuperStu indicates in his post before mine, it's the fact we are a free forum that does attract the chancers - seeing us as a free advert board and who really give nothing in return, certainly not any confidence through posting history.  It has been the forum's policy since its inception to impose a minimum (non-spam) posting limit to hopefully discourage the chancers but, at the same time not removing ads that may include items that members would dearly love to get hold of.   Maybe the minimum post limit does need to be raised if the team are nowadays finding ever increasing abuse of parts for sale sub-forum, or if they have less than X number of posts the advert is held back from appearing on here until they pay the forum a fee - as traders have to?

• Like 3

It has to be said as well, we encourage questions, even if its been answered elsewhere. The amount of forums I've been on where all questions are answered with 'use the search function ass-hat' is quite high. I've been around 2 years now, and don't think I've ever seen that. getting a high post count is easy here as every one is so helpful and friendly. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

im a member of several forums not just car related but also watches, minimum post counts really do help. Although the well meaning members with small post count get screened out, it really does help keep the less well intended opportunists at bay, i have sadly heard of several people losing good money on fake products etc so much better the protection is there than not.

On some Toyota forums you are free to join but have to pay to use the PM system and pay to get access to the for sale sections. People moaning should really take stock and realise 15 quality posts is not a big deal, has value to other members and is in effect imposing no financial cost. 

• Like 1