My for sale post got approved then deleted?

Sim

"These rules are there for anyone wishing to get an idea of the history of the car and owner. Cars sold here may have been mentioned on the forum before and you may be able to do some research - whether that brings good or bad news. Should you discover information about a vehicle which differs to that posted by the seller, please inform one of The Team. The Team expect all sales to be carried out in good faith, treating others as you expect to be treated. 

• You must have been a member for at least 6 months
  • You must have at least 100 posts - spam does not count
  • You must include at least 1 photo of your zed
  • You must include a price
  • You can request your thread is locked upon approval, but please contact a team member before placing your ad."

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Ok, it would have been number of posts.

The ad was very detailed and there are plenty of people on the forum and at meets who know me and know the car.

I even turned up at a meet and was the only forum member there......

12 minutes ago, Ekona said:

So why not contact the team before placing the post, when you know it doesn’t meet the rules, to see if they’ll make an exception?

I thought it was 15, I only saw the 100 post bit afer I'd posted.

So when it was approved I figured that they had made an exception due to the highly detailed and comprehensive advert that I'd written or that one of them had met me or the car at some of the things I'd attended.

I did get a message from the admin today after the post was deleted apologising,

I'd have zeds since 2005 and been a forum member since 2009, just haven't spent much time on the forum. 

I'm now on a mission to make 70 none spam posts :)

41 minutes ago, coldel said:

I believe it was approved in error and subsequently taken down. 

It's cool, I did get a message from the admin who approved it apologising and explaining why. 

7 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

"These rules are there for anyone wishing to get an idea of the history of the car and owner. Cars sold here may have been mentioned on the forum before and you may be able to do some research - whether that brings good or bad news. Should you discover information about a vehicle which differs to that posted by the seller, please inform one of The Team. The Team expect all sales to be carried out in good faith, treating others as you expect to be treated. 

• You must have been a member for at least 6 months
  • You must have at least 100 posts - spam does not count
  • You must include at least 1 photo of your zed
  • You must include a price
  • You can request your thread is locked upon approval, but please contact a team member before placing your ad."

No problem, I'll try and get some more posts on without spamming.

Just now, Jack94 said:

Cue you spamming nearly every thread on the forum... :lol:

Not spamming, just been replying to anything relevant, although it would appear that some of my posts don't count.

I think I might just post the car on Driftworks.......

It's a shame Simon has not been more active on the fourum because I can vouch for him being one of the most genuine and enthusiastic z owners i know and his car has to be one of the best forced induction 370zs on the scene.

If I hadn't built mine I would be snapping both his hands off.

16 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

It's a shame Simon has not been more active on the fourum because I can vouch for him being one of the most genuine and enthusiastic z owners i know and his car has to be one of the best forced induction 370zs on the scene.

If I hadn't built mine I would be snapping both his hands off.

Thanks Nick, how the hell do you find time to make 5160 posts? I've struggled to get it up to 50 tonight :)

Edited by Sim
typo

2 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

I do not think that spam will count to your post count:  :lol:

I'm pretty sure that my big hello series of posts wasn't counted, even though I did nice series of pictures of our household Z history, I can't quite work out how it counts what is or isn't spam?

Maybe it's timed some how?

Edited by Sim

Just to clarify Sim posts in the welcome section do not count towards your post count no. Plenty of forums have rules around posting stuff for sale...I had a look on one the other day and couldn't even look at the for sale sub forum without first making a set of posts. Each forum has its own rules - it's a simple value exchange, the forum is free to use, people sign up here who potentially could be buying a car, the value exchange is that people actively participate towards the forum with posts over a period of time. If everyone sat lurking (I believe that is the phrase!) there would be no forum. Additionally these cars are generally a reasonable investment of cash for someone...being able to look at the history and good upkeep is a great benefit too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sim said:

I'm pretty sure that my big hello series of posts wasn't counted, even though I did nice series of pictures of our household Z history, I can't quite work out how it counts what is or isn't spam?

Maybe it's timed some how?

Time to hit the photos/build thread!

Nice, Nice wheels, Nice, like the colour, Nice

I sold mine elsewhere in the end though.. ;)

9 hours ago, The Bounty Bar Kid said:

Woken up to find loads of old threads having new posts added to them by a certain person trying to up their post count :lol:

I did pick relevant threads to to actually post on, but I gave up today as about 20 got deleted over night and loads of pictures seem to not even count.