Another "what cars" question.... for £70k

grahamc

23 hours ago, grahamc said:

See the link to my 240z in my signature ;) its got flared arches and 17" wheels :D So yes, I will happily reproduce that in LHD! With the future idea being to maybe replace the engine with a RB25, just to save the standard engine for resale value of course :D

Interesting the beam and rigidity bar are in the same location as the 350 and 370z. Theyve always been 6 cylinder too. Be nice to own one in future! Project car etc

• 4 weeks later...

Let me lure you to the dark side ;) 

Can be had for £70k brand new out the box for a high optioned "base" car or you can buy a used higher spec model for that/less.

Best drivers car the money can get you, holds its own in terms of performance with cars worth double that also, but nobody will come close for sheer fun ( Read some reviews, all say the same thing - its bloody brilliant even at twice the price )

20180807_190553.jpg

1 hour ago, Mikevv said:

Let me lure you to the dark side ;)

Can be had for £70k brand new out the box for a high optioned "base" car or you can buy a used higher spec model for that/less.

Best drivers car the money can get you, holds its own in terms of performance with cars worth double that also, but nobody will come close for sheer fun ( Read some reviews, all say the same thing - its bloody brilliant even at twice the price )

20180807_190553.jpg

You got one then 

2 minutes ago, nissanman312 said:

You got one then 

Way back in August hahaha.

Typical though, 2 days after I collected there was one locally in better spec with less owners and same price. I spent 9 months looking and never found one, then two came. Been looking since then and still no more have come so I'm glad I made the purchase when I did.

13 minutes ago, Mikevv said:

Way back in August hahaha.

Typical though, 2 days after I collected there was one locally in better spec with less owners and same price. I spent 9 months looking and never found one, then two came. Been looking since then and still no more have come so I'm glad I made the purchase when I did.

Awesome 

I remember you talking about t didn't realise you had got one 

• 6 months later...

Well, I am back and the London apartment has sold, just waiting for it to complete. Estimated date is 1-15 June....

Today, I went for a drive through Lincolnshire, unfortunately it was in a 120d BMW, not exactly an exciting drive. So with the first part of my budget becoming available shortly, I have obviously prematurely started to look at cars. 

The budget is MAX £25k for this car. Needs to be fun and thats about it. I would prefer cars that dont cost a fortune to tax or insure. My list:-

-Datsun Z car

-Alfa Junior

Any other ideas? Will consider LHD as well ;)