350Z Dashboard telltale lights arent working... HELP!!!

tom268

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum but have used the tips and advice on here previously to see if anything works. I bought a Nissan 350Z last week and the telltale lights (and sound) for the indicators, headlights, and main beams are not working. However the lights are. I've removed the previously fitted ) JVC radio from the car but I don't know what i'm looking at there with regards to dodgy wiring. I've checked the fuse boxes including the one near the acceleration pedal and they are all fine. Any advice what to look for next would be hugely appreciated!

Also no faults appear on an OBD reader...

Tom

I had the same issue bud checked everything over and couldn’t find a problem so went back over the fuses and the one in the drivers footwell was the issue No.10 I think it was!

Was difficult to see where it was blown must have been why I missed it first time round!

i think it was my interior lights that blew it as there playing up. 

Hope it’s the same simple fix for you but worth another check :thumbs:

Have you checked the fuses with a Multi-meter for continuity, or just visually? The small fuses can be quite hard to read properly.

I had a similar issues recently, where all the gauges kept resetting and the dash indicator lights did not function correctly.  This was related to the fuse box in the drivers footwell - the fuse directly below the fuse puller

1 minute ago, Kryptek49 said:

Have you checked the fuses with a Multi-meter for continuity, or just visually? The small fuses can be quite hard to read properly.

I had a similar issues recently, where all the gauges kept resetting and the dash indicator lights did not function correctly.  This was related to the fuse box in the drivers footwell - the fuse directly below the fuse puller

Thanks for the replies, my interior light doesn't work also, I forgot to mention that. So I'm thinking a relay or the bcm? I've checked all the fuses with a tester, and pulled the 10 Amp in the foot well out to visually inspect it/ swap it with the spare but I've had no luck there. 

I'm about 90% sure my interior lights didn't work when that fuse went either - from when i was googling it the BCM seemed to be fairly commonly suggested, but most people found that it ended up being a fuse issue.

Do your gauges still retain memory?

13 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

I'm about 90% sure my interior lights didn't work when that fuse went either - from when i was googling it the BCM seemed to be fairly commonly suggested, but most people found that it ended up being a fuse issue.

Do your gauges still retain memory?

I'm not sure what you mean by retain memory. The mileage is correct but the trip computer under it has reset every time I kill the ignition and come back later to drive again if that helps? 

5 hours ago, tom268 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by retain memory. The mileage is correct but the trip computer under it has reset every time I kill the ignition and come back later to drive again if that helps? 

Exactly that - trip resets but mileage will always stay the same.  

The fuse in the middle is 100% the fuse related to this issue, however if you are sure that it is working properly then it may be a BCM issue.

3 minutes ago, Kryptek49 said:

Exactly that - trip resets but mileage will always stay the same.  

The fuse in the middle is 100% the fuse related to this issue, however if you are sure that it is working properly then it may be a BCM issue.

I'll remove the bcm and do some testing with a multimeter, see if I can find anything. Failing that I'll have to get an auto electrician to sort it. Thank you for your time and help! 

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

Sorry for the super slow reply. 

So, I tested all the fuses and the bcm and found nothing wrong, everything was working! 

I took it to an autoelectrician and he tested everything twice. He said the first time everything was fine but the second time he got a dodgy reading on a fuse. 

Turns out nothing was broken, the fuse just wasn't touching the connection so he swapped it. 

For anyone's future reference it was either that fuse everyone was suspicious of or the fuse 2 to the right of it, I can't remember now. 

Thank you for the advice guys. A typical case of bad luck and a really minor issue causing hours of searching.