Auto mirror fold problems

GavinSCA

Hi guys, hoping i can get some help. I have a 350z in my workshop and after updating the car audio i found the auto mirror fold on lock had stopped working. i had to disconnect the two wires that went to the microswitch on the door lock when i took the door panel off. After putting it all back together it doesnt work (but mirrors do fold using the door switch still). Ive checked the microswitch is still in position and is activated when the car is locked (there is continuity through the switch when door is unlocked but not when locked). Ive checked continuity in the wires that are spliced into the two plugs in the door and all are fine, and replaced a fuse on the module itself that was blown hoping it was just that. 
Is there anyone on the forum that knows about these modules or has a link to working guides on the various ones that have been available over the years? I think this is a pretty old one. I'm at a loss as to what it could be unless the module has randomly stopped working by coincidence. 

Thanks in advance. 

Gav

That's right Wayne, it has an aftermarket module which has stopped working for no apparent reason. Trying to find out which one it is so that i can perhaps find a wiring schematic for it or perhaps spare parts.  Thanks for your reply.

Gav

From what i can tell this module is an old one. The car is a DE so wires i have are as follows: M=module ,FD=from door, SP=small plug , BP= big plug, 

White BP - White M (12v)

Black SP - Black M (ground)

Orange and Blue M - microswitch on latch

Light green SP - Pink M

Grey FD - Yellow M

Grey SP - Grey M

Purple FD - Green M

Purple SP - Purple M

Looks like other modules use the wire behind the speaker from the BCM as the trigger but this system doesnt. If i cant find what i need then i'll have to upgrade to the newest version i guess. 

Cheers everyone

Have you unscrewed the speaker in the door and checked the BCM cable? You may not be able to tell if the wire has been tapped into by just removing the door panel. I don't know how else you can get the door lock signal without tapping into that wire.

The oem speaker isn't there anymore as I built door pods to angle the speakers up a bit as part of a huge audio install. I can check behind there but I'm pretty sure I've followed every wire from the module to where they either join to the plug wires or connect to the wires in the same loom that doesn't look messed with. And as I understand it the newer modules use the bcm wire as the trigger for the module to work, negating the need for the microswitch on this version. 

Gav