Any others owned their zed 10yrs plus?

HEADPHONES

My zed has been my daily for 13 years now.

Loved every moment of ownership.

Thankfully my commute is quite congestion free and I get at least one good 45min drive a week in the evening with hardly any traffic.

Apart from brake pads and tyres she's not really needed  much.

Still on original clutch and exhaust.

Starting to squeek from the rear suspension now and I had to touch up the driver's seat bolster this year.

Not many cars I can think of that I would still find as desirable after 13 years and 60k miles that I could have bought for £30k back in '05

2018-07-15_05-42-08

How have you other long-term owners been finding your zeds and are you now tempted to upgrade?

• Like 6

I`ll have had mine 6 years end of February and don`t intend ever getting rid of it but still a long way to go to catch you up.

Not used daily (and sometimes not even weekly) so only just coming up to 19K miles.

Interesting on the price though, I paid £30K for mine 8 years later.

• Like 1

I’ve now had my 350Z just over 10 years. Bought it when it was nearly 3 years old with 20k on the clock, now has 59k on it. It’s never been a daily as I have a works van for that. Basically a garage queen now and only comes out at weekends in dry weather and for shows. Wouldn’t dream of selling it. I’d love to get a mk2 nismo 370z, but I’d still want to keep the 350z !998941C6-1AEC-44D6-A35B-BCF0A0004F4A.jpeg.f77615fb9f581e9f128b1ffe692548cb.jpeg

• Like 8

Some very tidy examples here. I've had my HR for 9 years now. Bought from Nissan with very low mileage, daily driven for most of my ownership, now retired to weekend car status and european tours with 120k on the clock. No desire what so ever to part with it, smooth and solid and this shape hasn't dated at all.

IMG_20180714_174958_503.jpg

Edited by Hayd350
  • Like 3

Had mine for over 11 years now and will never sell her, bought the zed for 15k with roughly 53,000 miles which we’re done in her first three years, so had a busy life initially until I got the zed because in the last 11 years Iv only done around 35,000.

She lives a mostly quiet life in the garage now on her life support machine :lol: especially these last few years, but it’s been good to get out to a few shows this year and trax will probably be her last outing for the year, before some big changes get done on the interior over winter :) ready for a lot more meets and shows next year! Hopefully in the not to distance future there will be a GTR sat next to her in the garage. 

EB76C491-DD6A-4346-B305-8DEB50D42A7F.jpeg

DCD05B52-A428-4DE7-8379-B10347A6728A.jpeg

9DBD9346-086A-413A-A7E8-A69890A3DAE4.jpeg

Edited by shire350Z
  • Like 5

Really nicely kept long termers there peeps.

Although not the pinnacle of performance cars, the zed is still fun to drive, looks good and rare enough to to make it feel special.

Couple that to the fact that depreciation gives all these old examples a book value of only a few thousand pounds makes it harder and harder to justify selling them on.

Especially as we've kept and pampered them so many years  truly knowing the cars history and reliability.

For example, if I was looking for a track Zed with FI and Zmanalex was selling, his chariot would be my first choice.

Where else would you find such a car with 13 years proven history!

Lets see if we're still here for the  "who's owned their zed for 15-20 years" thread :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wayne370Z said:

I`ll have had mine 6 years end of February and don`t intend ever getting rid of it but still a long way to go to catch you up.

Not used daily (and sometimes not even weekly) so only just coming up to 19K miles.

Interesting on the price though, I paid £30K for mine 8 years later.

Was yours the Nismo for £30k?

If so......a true bargain!

I actually had to haggle the price DOWN to 30.

350 coupe GT with Nismo Aero kit and STANDARD touring rims came to £31500!

Wanted an extra £3.5k for the 19' LMGT4 rims which I couldn't stretch to at the time.

Got them in 07 from a trader new for a bargain £1200 via US

Had mine new since 2004 - still on orginal clutch (at 132k) but one exhaust replacemanet at 80k.

Current usage is low (< 8k a year ) and some funny nosies staring to appear from underneath somewhere; a bit of rust on the rear wheel arches - but still loving it as a daily commute.

Hoping to go to the Moon with this one - enjoy taking it out every weekend.

TT

• Like 1

Great to see so many long term owners, even more so when they look as fresh as the day they were born (and improved upon), some stunning examples.

Lets hope my 3 years continue onward as well as all of you guys have done !

Edited by Willsy1980

No. But nearly. 9 years bought 1 year old. 08 plate HR GT. Loved it. 130000 miles. No oil pressure problems. But. Several suspension issues. Consentric slave failure resulting in a new clutch kit. Many brake disks. Cost of car £19500 with 7000 miles. Sold car £4300 130000 miles. Sounds good but it cost me around £7000 in failed components in that time. I am incuding brake rotors because they failed so frequently due to vibration under braking. BTW I now have an M235i. I have done the math and rather than keep a car for 10 years I can buy a fast car 2 years old. Drive it 12000 miles a year and sell it 2 years later including the extra years manufacturers warrantee with less cost per year than running the Z for 9 years. I am taking into account servicing, tires and everything else. Just a head up. I loved my Z but keeping it long term cost me. 

I must be the winner then, 14 yrs and 85k mls for me and at the risk of giving it the kiss of death, only one coil pack replaced. 

Best car I've ever owned and still enjoy driving it. Going to bury it in the back garden when it eventually expires. Couldn't do anything less!!

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, AK350Z said:

Propper old farts  meetup thread this

:lol::lol:

I can’t compete with you guys, only 5 years for me. Only managed 300miles this year, was really shocked when I realised (at MOT). Did consider selling next spring to make way for another summer toy, but much to my surprise her indoors said “no way are you selling it, I’ll be really annoyed if you do” - guess that settles that then :D. Roll on another 5 years of Zedding :thumbs:

Edited by Davectr

• 3 weeks later...

Some stunning examples here!

I only kept mine for a few years, In hindsight I bought it too quickly without the spec or color I really wanted. I spent a small fortune getting it to a decent standard but never truly connected with the car, I found it a bit too big/heavy to be enjoyable. 

That said I still find myself looking at Z's all the time and still check in here regularly, the Z has a certain appeal, despite it's flaws.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...