Is a catback worth it?

Donk

Cat back is 100% worth it. Totally transforms the car.

Fake engine noises - from my last google on it, it's possible to turn them off but must be done by a dealer/someone with access to the Nissan SW.i think it's called command or something. Using this SW you/they can go in and turn it off. I haven't got around to taking the car to Nissan and asking about it yet.

I'm liking the suggestions, possibly the cobra the most, however they don't seem to offer a nismo replacement model... Does anyone know of they're compatible with the nismo exhaust?

I'm after something loud, with bass and some rasp as I'm a fan of that raspy E46 M3 sound. I like it loud and visceral. When idling or just cruising I would like no drone.

Thanks,

Donk

Hi Donk, I've been speaking to Tarmac Sportz as I've recently chopped in my GT for a new Nismo. I've taken the Cobra Cat back off the GT... planning to maybe drop it onto the Nismo - Tarmac explained I'd need the y-pipe section as the standard cat-back would not fit he Nismo Dual flow. I've now decided to sell the Cobra (for sale on the forum in the 370z parts section) and do for the short tails instead. They're being fitted on Tuesday.

Hi wheelz 370, I'm thinking aam resonated short tails too... Only thing I'm concerned about is the effect on performance. If you know anything more on the potentially negative performance side effects let me know. I'm now going to cry into my pillow as the neighbors kids just kicked their football at my freshly polished nismo.....

Donk....had the Tarmac Sportz short tails fitted today. Absolutely no apparent impact on performance. Having had the Cobra Cat Back fitted on the GT I can compare exactly. The short tails are a deeper tone, lovely and grumbly and I would deffo rate it better than the Cobra. Little louder than the Cobra but deeper sound so doesn't sound so harsh. 

I went for the Tarmac Sportz version short tails rather than the AAM.... I would recommend 100% and Bob and the team were great up at Tarmac Sportz. Thanks gents. Top job!

On 30/09/2018 at 17:37, Wheels 370z said:

Hi Donk, I've been speaking to Tarmac Sportz as I've recently chopped in my GT for a new Nismo. I've taken the Cobra Cat back off the GT... planning to maybe drop it onto the Nismo - Tarmac explained I'd need the y-pipe section as the standard cat-back would not fit he Nismo Dual flow. I've now decided to sell the Cobra (for sale on the forum in the 370z parts section) and do for the short tails instead. They're being fitted on Tuesday.

That’s not true as I have a Cobra cat back system and Japspeed test pipes fitted to my Supercharged Nismo.