350Z Roadster happiness

UK_350z

Hello all. 

Today has been a good day. A very good day. 

I've well documented the issues with my roof on every 350z facebook page and forum in existence in the hope that I can work out the issue with the roof. Many have helped with advise and a few have personally looked over the car. 

But I'm pleased to say that for the first time in 2 years, the roof has worked! (99.99999999999999999999999%)

Thr culprit? I changed the roof module for one that a forum member was selling, it took all of 2 minutes to change over and boom! I actually shed a tear (I cried like Ike a baby)

Have a look at the video, I think I come Across as quite pleasedb I just have to work out the last bit and I'll stop thinking about torching the thing. 

Thanks again to everyone who has help. You all get a mainly bear hug when we meet.

6 hours ago, CLASSIX said:

Chaffed wiring on the harness, & what ECU module was it ?

japfest 2018 donnington.jpg

Thankfully there was no chaffed wiring,  the roof started working with a replacement roof module, which is located behind the rear storage box's. 

The reason The roof wasnt going down all the ways was because of a microswitch on the 5th bow latch that was not making contact at the correct time. All I did was bend it a little and hey presto. 

• Like 1