Rear parking sensor issue.

mr v6

(Already awaits the "you shouldn't need them if you can drive" comments:yahoo:)

Lately I often get either a long single beep, or a long beep then a short gap, or long beeps at the same interval. This is with no obstructions behind me, then all of a sudden they'll work fine. If I put a finger on each sensor I can feel a light pulsing, they all respond the same way. If during the long beep then a short gap, covering a single sensor it changes to a constant beep as if the object was close.

Seems the sensor(s) respond all the same way, but is the issue a sensor of the control module? Mine are a factory fit & I'd like to keep it that way rather go aftermarket & alter the wiring of size of the holes in the bumper along with having them sprayed.

I’ve recently replaced my rear sensors as I was getting a constant beep when in reverse. It turned out that one of the sensor cables had melted on the exhaust then over time the cable corroded and broke through.   So I’m guessing that maybe one of your sensor cables maybe broke sometimes making the connection or not. 

Thanks Shezza.

I checked when I got home tonight & there's no wires hanging down over the rear section of the exhaust. Had a look under the bumper & all looks neatly tucked away. 

Is a failing sensor / module something NDS would pick up on?