Quiet decats

teejay

On 22/09/2018 at 20:39, reeceybeaney said:

Motordyne ART Pipes

Got them on my 350z with a cobra resonated system and really opened the car up :thumbs: rumoured quieter than HFC. 

Expensive... But worth it IMHO

I tested my invidia with De cats next to my pals hr with invidia and art pipes with a decibel meter.

There was 1/2deibles in it 

However the art pipes give a deaper tone and less drone on the road 

Just depends what you want to spend 

(Both cars supercharged as well so very close comparison)

Edited by nissanman312

On 22/09/2018 at 20:32, teejay said:

Probably a daft question but what is the quietest HFC/DECAT  to go with a ark grip exhaust:thumbs:

There is none

Its all subjective but the fact you are asking this question then I can tell you HFC with your grip will be too loud for you 

I have had them on my Gemini and as nice as they were they were too loud on initial Cold start and WOT under certain circumstances

If you want the gains of the HFC without the noise then stick with the stock system with HFC

Edited by jollyranchers

its all very subjective. I've had an arc grip fitted for a couple of weeks which replaced my cobra cat back (will be going in the for sale section when i get round to it), and too be honest I've found the arc a bit too tame coming from the cobra, which sounded great but i think would be very loud with HFCs. 

I've since picked up a set off second hand berk HFCs off ebay for a steal to try, ill let you know my opinion on them.

Point is there is not one setup to suit everyone which makes it very tricky.

On 26/09/2018 at 13:33, dave_7 said:

its all very subjective. I've had an arc grip fitted for a couple of weeks which replaced my cobra cat back (will be going in the for sale section when i get round to it), and too be honest I've found the arc a bit too tame coming from the cobra, which sounded great but i think would be very loud with HFCs. 

I've since picked up a set off second hand berk HFCs off ebay for a steal to try, ill let you know my opinion on them.

Point is there is not one setup to suit everyone which makes it very tricky.

I’ve got a Cobra catback system along with test pipes on my Supercharged Nismo and it is extremely noisy, especially between 4000-5000RPM

Not sure why people talk about the smell as the system on mine smells no different to a standard Nismo.

Thinking of possible modifying the rear box or fitting Motordyne Ark test pipes to reduce the noise levels.

Edited by Bikeracer

On 28/09/2018 at 21:48, Bikeracer said:

I’ve got a Cobra catback system along with test pipes on my Supercharged Nismo and it is extremely noisy, especially between 4000-5000RPM

Not sure why people talk about the smell as the system on mine smells no different to a standard Nismo.

Thinking of possible modifying the rear box or fitting Motordyne Ark test pipes to reduce the noise levels.

I bet that sounds absolutely savage!