Infiniti Q60 Project Black S

GranTurismoEra

On 23/09/2018 at 15:53, hmale4yu said:

Ive got the same idea in my head (along with possibly a Corvette Stingray 2014/15 once the new C8 comes out in 2020 - but that's another topic) .

Back to the Q60 the only thing that's putting another doubt in my mind is how may be mistaken for this …. without sounding like a badge snob the last thing I want is someone saying nice Mazda

Untitled.jpg

That just ruined it for me :)

Lexus isnt ugly lol I prefer designs that take risks to plain straight boring German designs with no character. Always playing it safe. I thought they were getting rid of drive by wire for the 2020 version of the Q60?

I had the NIsmo Mk2 and plan on getting another. I dont think ill be going for the TTS mk3. Just looks like electrical issues to me

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AMT said:

....oh and yes the 370Z Nismo Mk2 in red does look very different to most other sports cars on the road so does give a bit of supercar presence ....to an extent. Mk2's look the business IMO. 

Yep the Nismo mk2 but i like mk1 as well maybe id change the mk1 rear bumper though. White or Black for me

• Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:41, AMT said:

From years of messing around with the cars they've gave me as its where I took the Z for servicing etc, I grew to like the cars (except silly ones like the Q30... nice but I just, I dunno..no thanks lol).  There is something there with Infiniti and sometimes its hard to justify.  The looks are getting better and its always better to be unique, the interior quality reviews it gets, moan at it but tbh... its a lovely place to be in most of them, leather, piano black, some nice modern woodish tones... you'd be fine with them.  But then they go and hold themselves back a bit with engines that are a bit slower than rivals, and when they are quicker there fuel economy and tax is much higher than others, which can be off putting.

However... if you look at it from a used bargain perspective they can make sense.  If your not too fussed on some of the running costs they can be a lot of car for the money (Q70 when tarted up with the big wheels is a nice big barge to be in).  This is why I am sitting waiting over the next couple of year (short of nearly considering an auto 370Z very recently :bounce: ) to see how the 3.0 Q60's fair. Basically I'm hoping they drop like a stone and if they do into the low 20's with reasonable mileage, I'll be seriously looking at them. 400+hp and AWD in a low price.  And when you've came from a Z, £300ish tax and late 20mpg...is fine by me lol.

Only thing that bothers me is the steering, I can live with the lightness... but I keep hearing reviews of it being twitchy and some have had dangerous experiences in wet conditions trying to counter steer (although they may just be a bit crap at driving who knows).  I'd prob want to test a Q60 3.0 for a good run before considering.  Besides that it'd be a nice used powerhouse. I do think however with them and some other manufacturers with all this new technology and electric crap... yes I do says crap.. its just something more complicated to break...or rather more expensive to fix. 

This is what I have in mind. I think due to its rarity I have a feeling it will age q well too so won't look like a second hand bargain (if the prices did drop). Ive never been a fan of debadging but I think from the rear the Q60s is positioned right next to the lights and removing that gives a cleaner look . I would keep the Infiiniti logo and lettering beneath tho . Im not a fan of darker coloured cars though so if the car did become a second hand proposition then the red would be the only option (silver is my fav on the Q60 but they are v rare and will likely continue to be). The debadging and new wheels would be essential mods I would make 

Debadged1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

something along the lines of this?

20170729_103612.jpg.80b4d6b29f46eb4f4a4443023b748b6f.jpg

yep, 3am just had a dream about my old one lol, Serious addiction :lol:....

thought it might be the 400Z...cuz of the exhaust making those fart sounds....double take yep looked exactly, 99% mk2, the human brain eh...wtf :lol:

yep got to get another!

saw a black one in California months ago....a red sport....very nice. They love their big v6 v8 v12 over there. 

I feel like it could do with some extra trimmings like some side skirts and front splitter.

the wing on the 2020 doesn't suit it...a lip spoiler would be better

Silver looks clean debadged. Might go well with black, alloy or chrome rims/chrome outline

q60 s with kers hybrid tech would be nice. The extra torque and regen capabilities would transform the car. Just a shame its 1860kg dry

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

saw a black one in California months ago....a red sport....very nice. They love their big v6 v8 v12 over there. 

I feel like it could do with some extra trimmings like some side skirts and front splitter.

the wing on the 2020 doesn't suit it...a lip spoiler would be better

Silver looks clean debadged. Might go well with black, alloy or chrome rims/chrome outline

q60 s with kers hybrid tech would be nice. The extra torque and regen capabilities would transform the car. Just a shame its 1860kg dry

Theres something still q tempting about the car . If and its a BIG if the car plummets in the next 24 months then it may be worth considering 

It will be interesting to monitor no of  sales/cars on the second hand market; it may in fact drop off in 2019 and 2020 in a similar fashion to the 370z sales dropping although it appears that there are now 370s on Autotrader then 350s. There are an increasing number of Mk2 nismo 370s and I do recall the Mk1 never really being as abundant . If the Q60 sales figs decline then there may not be much to choose from on the second hand market. 

Im sure the prices will drop in the next year. I really want to get another Z possibly a Nismo. But my circumstances may change so it all depends. May have to go get something more reasonable on Petrol...

I think id this car (Q60) when im a bit older and not so much sports car addicted. 

Theres a video of one Q50 with 500 HP leaving a 458 at the drag strip. Interesting

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...