NATS problem, car won't start, advice please.

danielb186

Car details: 2004 350z with an aftermarket rev up engine.

Hey, guys and gals,
So I've had my car for a few months, with no major issues, however yesterday I drove to a few shops and then at my last stop when I got back in the car to set of home the car wouldn't start. After allot of research I realised the immobiliser light was still on, on-top of the dashboard. :bang: After being stuck in a car park for about 3-4 hours yesterday while waiting for a pickup, the car decided to fix itself and allowed me to start the car and drive home. I then drove the car home, and later that evening went back out, and back home again no issues. Today I went out to go to the shops went to the hardware shop, no issues then went to asda.... got back in the car and it happened again. :thumbdown: This time I had to get it recovered home.

More information:
So after allot of research I am 90% sure that this is an error with my NATS, I have the error code P1610 and P1612. I have tried everything I can think of and every suggestion I can find online including; using my second key, disconnecting the battery for half an hour and then trying the key, 10 on 5 off, resetting the ecu using "pedal dancing" and the obvious... crying.... 

Am I correct in assuming the only options I have for this is to take it the Nissan to get them to fit a new IMMU and reprogramming my keys to it? Or to purchase a uprev licence and get a remap and while they're doing that get them to remove the NATS completely?

Any and all advice welcome, Thanks guys :help::help:

It would be MUCH cheaper id imagine to get your UpRev mapper to disable NATS, of course you would technically need to declare this on your insurance as your car will be insured on the understanding that it has a working alarm and immobiliser. Id dread to think what Nissan would change for a new NATS system, plus they'd want their usual diagnostic fee etc etc.

I've booked it into Nissan on Thursday, I spoke to a technician he can confirm that my error is the the NATS system and the IMMU is the cause and will need to be replaced. They're going to do a full diagnostic check, then replace the IMMU and the cost is £100 labour and the price of the part which is £110 so it's not too bad.

More help please, so after while of having no issues i didn't take the car to nissan, stupid i know, but i took my car for a clean today, and after a jet was the imobiliser has stayed active again, everytime this has happened its either been raining or like I said had a jet wash. Any ideas?

Found it someome had been messing about with the main engine loom, fed the wires back through the hole in the firewall, didn't bother to put a grommet back on it :bang: all this because of that!

Ill get a grommet tomorrow, and Hopfully that'll fix my issue!

• 2 years later...
On 29/09/2018 at 19:48, danielb186 said:

Found it someome had been messing about with the main engine loom, fed the wires back through the hole in the firewall, didn't bother to put a grommet back on it :bang: all this because of that!

Ill get a grommet tomorrow, and Hopfully that'll fix my issue!

Hi @danielb186 did you get this sorted in the end?