2 weeks into ownership and its dead !

daz8235

As above, 60 plate black edition, died whilst getting fuel, ended up pushing it so other people could get past at the pumps. (they are heavy !).

They key fobs would flash when pressed as though locking and unlocking but the red alarm light would not go out. Would not start and the window was down so no electrics. Rang the garage I bought it from eventually got it flat bedded back to the garage (missed my sunday dinner :dry:), been with the garage for 5 days now. It's now at Nissan and apparently it's a fault with the immobilizer. Still waiting to hear what they are doing with it. Bloody warranty better cover it !

Update, Mill Volvo didn't know what was happening but i know they had sent it to Nissan (next door) so I drove along to Nissan. The workshop was shut but the sales lad rang the service manager even though he had finished work. He explained and it got a bit complicated, they started the car via computer ! so they know its not the engine, they have de-programmed the fobs and re-coded. They are waiting on  Mill Volvo to approve a part (warranty) and guess what part, as you have mentioned the power steering !!!!

I didn't think it was this at first as I assumed it meant the lock was on, he explained that it will still move but very very heavy . Yup I noticed when trying to push it. Hopefully fixed soon.

Thanks for your advice :D cracking forum.

On 26/09/2018 at 13:50, daz8235 said:

Eep I am totally inept with this stuff anyone in the north east available to help that has done this before ? Thanks

I've not had to do this before but I'm reasonably confident with mechanical things so willing to give it a go if you need a hand. How hard can it be?.....

Whereabouts are you?

The hardest thing is removing the fuse box, it does take a considerable pull to get it out, once done it’s dead easy, the YouTube tutorial is spot on 

If you can’t get the steering lock to release it’s too late to do this process.....you’re into the £700 bill to resolve it

Edited by John Hannon

On 29/09/2018 at 12:52, Woodzman said:

I've not had to do this before but I'm reasonably confident with mechanical things so willing to give it a go if you need a hand. How hard can it be?.....

Whereabouts are you?

Cheers Washington near Sunderland. bit far for you. Also the new part comes with a 12 Month warranty from Nissan so I'm now a bit dubious to fiddle with it. Thanks for the offer though. Maybee in 12 months 1 day :0)