HFCs and fault codes

Blocko

Good evening all. 

My my car has started throwing the P0420 and P0430 codes. I’ve reset the cel but it comes straight back on. I have HFCs and these have covered a few thousand miles without any codes then while driving along a bumpy road up popped the code. Is is this common?

I’ve not been under the car yet to see if anything has come loose but there is definitely a bit of a smell and a change in the exhaust note that wasn’t there before. The car also seems more hesitant but I’m not sure if that is my imagination. 

Also worth noting that I fitted exhaust bungs to the car before doing a 1300 mile road trip. The cel came on after about 550 miles. Might the bungs play a part in this?

thanks

I reset the CEL with a decent code reader rather than with the peddle dance and so far it has stayed off. Looking at the US forums it seems quite a few people a reporting HFCs throwing codes on long drives so I guess my drive to Inverness at a steady speed the whole way was the cause.