Dave's '07 Gunmetal Grey GT

daveo132

New clutch kit and lightened flywheel arrived today from @Tarmac@TarmacSportz along with the upgraded Slave, Braided line and fluid.

What a lovely bit of kit.

Also some new rear number plate LED units, and enough stickers to start my own Tarmac Sportz brand :lol:

I'm not planning on taking pics at the moment as it's all boxed up.  But let me know if anyone does want pics of the kit. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bit more work done today.

New Y-Pipe installed by my local longlife.  Great work again by them.

In the second picture you can see they had to remove the flange on the end of the cats.  They called me over to take a look and the flanges were pretty much dust.  I poked the one and it started to fall apart.  So they cut them off, welded some short pipe on so then the new Y-Pipe would slip on.

When / if I go for Hi-flow cats, they've already said they'll help me out with that.

Sorry, I don't know why it's uploading sideways.  It's not like that on my PC.

20220910_140156.jpg.e97801de8e0d8266dd83c27629a44af5.jpg

20220910_140144.jpg.d81796b486bc711ee07d460213d1ae42.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/09/2022 at 18:45, daveo132 said:

Bit more work done today.

New Y-Pipe installed by my local longlife.  

Had a Long life cat back exhaust made for our Mini almost 10 years ago here in Manchester.

Gorgeous finish still looking good to this day.

The lifetime warranty gives that extra peace of mind too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've made it to Belgium with only one casualty.

Looks like the cover from under the gearbox has dropped (from when the clutch ans fly where changed) and I ended up dragging it from Calais to Ghent.  Nothing I could do about it last night.

Looks like there is a garage just up the road from the hotel so I'm going to pop there to just get it taken off.  It can always be replaced later.

Not sure why it came off.  Either it wasn't fitted back properly, it broke, or I caught it on a nasty pothole at one of the service stations. 

Is what it is though, only some plastic.

20220930_192948.jpg

Edited by daveo132

Few more from the road trip today.

Car's been faultless.

Every single image I've uploaded is sideways.  Sorry, but blame the forum as they're fine on my PC :shrug:

Also have a time-lapse of today drive, though the first render didn't come out well.1314183093_Screenshot_20221002-221027_TomTomGO.jpg.2a687b8689614490d088f46427a73bf7.jpg

20221003_144644.jpg

20221003_144852.jpg

20221003_155838.jpg

20221003_155847.jpg

20220930_192948-01.jpeg

Edited by daveo132
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

So no new updates, just driving the car, and not even doing a lot of that.

Cost of living sucks!

Anyway, I'm getting noise from the AC unit.  ie, when I turn off the AC the noise goes away.  I'm suspecting it's the compressor, anyone know what sort of cost I might be looking at?

Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be the tensioner...

Also, it's going back to Belgium in June.  Not so much a road trip this time.  Going for the Spa 24hr.

EDIT: It won't be the tensioner come to think of it.  Goes away when the AC Clutch disengages but that tensioner will always be moving.

Edited by daveo132

• 1 month later...

So back off to Belgium on Wednesday for the 24hrs of Spa.

Guess what, the car started misfiring.  Seems to have cleared itself up again so I'm hoping its just because I've hardly be using the car and let it get low on fuel etc.  Though it did get a good run on the weekend and was faultless.

Don't suppose anyone know of options for same day coil packs if I need one? 

Just my luck....

Going to take it on a run later and see how it acts.

Needed to share the pain.

I'd love to but I can't see to find any that won't take at least a few days to arrive (either to me or to a local store).  Most seem to be sold out.

Also the prices seem to range from £20 to £80 a coil pack...?

Edited by daveo132

I thought at seems I am wrong that the rear ignition coils were different from the front 4 on the DE.

Had a look and doesn't seem that way.

Those starline ones, even though they are cheap look the right fit and I can get them today.

Going to get 1.  Would be 2 but they don't have 2.

Cars eh........

Edited by daveo132

On 01/10/2022 at 08:25, daveo132 said:

Well I've made it to Belgium with only one casualty.

Looks like the cover from under the gearbox has dropped (from when the clutch ans fly where changed) and I ended up dragging it from Calais to Ghent.  Nothing I could do about it last night.

Looks like there is a garage just up the road from the hotel so I'm going to pop there to just get it taken off.  It can always be replaced later.

Not sure why it came off.  Either it wasn't fitted back properly, it broke, or I caught it on a nasty pothole at one of the service stations. 

Is what it is though, only some plastic.

20220930_192948.jpg

Hi Dave, great thread, really interesting.

One question, what brand and style name are your wheels? Quite a modern style and see a lot of them about, but they really suit the Z. 

• Thanks 1