Clutch height adjustment question

Kryptek49

I'm not a huge fan of the height of the clutch biting point on my HR, and found this guide on the forum so thought I would give it a go:

So I got under the pedals (not a comfy job this one) and found that I have a lot less adjustability than shown in the how to - the splined bolt was already screwed out most of the way.

I've attached 2 photos, one showing how far I now have mine screwed out, and one showing the height of my brake pedal vs clutch.

In the how to, he said he had adjusted his clutch so it was 10mm behind his brake pedal, and there's no way I could do this on mine.

Am I missing something here? My car is an HR, could there be any pedal differences?

Any thoughts on this would be great, thanks.

IMG_20180909_171441.jpg

IMG_20180909_171347 (1).jpg

16 hours ago, scobie140 said:

If you go too far then the pedal can stick on the way back up, just takes a bit of trial and error to get the fine adjustment of low enough for a decent bit but high enough the pedal returns ok. 

Seems to be adjusted great now - the clutch travel feels much shorter now though, I thought it only lowered the height of the pedal, but the distance to push the pedal to the floor feels much shorter.

Is this correct/normal?

9 hours ago, Kryptek49 said:

Seems to be adjusted great now - the clutch travel feels much shorter now though, I thought it only lowered the height of the pedal, but the distance to push the pedal to the floor feels much shorter.

Is this correct/normal?

Yeh that sounds right, Its adjusting the pivot point so give you less travel 

• Thanks 1