Cooling fans

Carrie-B1

My cooling fans stopped working the other day and had it checked and its the motors not working. Am I right in thinking that I only need to buy the motors and not the whole unit? Fans are turning freely. My understanding is Take the fan unit out, take the motors out of the unit, replace the motors connect the leads and put the fan unit back in the car ?????? or if I buy a new fan shroud will new motors come with it or just the fans ???? many thanks in advance for any advice on this. 

• Like 1

Common fault on the Z because the brushes seize up. You're correct, the motors bolt in so you can just replace them, or you can buy a whole new fan assembly which will come with new blades, motors etc. 

The mishimoto fans are supposed to do a good job but are apparently way louder than oem, so keep that in mind. 

If you're practically minded, there's a guide on here somewhere to split the motors you've got apart and refurb them yourself pretty easily.

That's what I did when I had the same problem as you and they work perfectly now :D

On 08/09/2018 at 20:35, Jack94 said:

Common fault on the Z because the brushes seize up. You're correct, the motors bolt in so you can just replace them, or you can buy a whole new fan assembly which will come with new blades, motors etc. 

The mishimoto fans are supposed to do a good job but are apparently way louder than oem, so keep that in mind. 

If you're practically minded, there's a guide on here somewhere to split the motors you've got apart and refurb them yourself pretty easily.

That's what I did when I had the same problem as you and they work perfectly now :D

Exactly that. I have done the fix by myself following the guide here and it worked a treat. Worth doing it in my opinion it's not hard at all. Good luck