370Z Nismo Styling Ahead of Its Time?

FallenAngelX

Hey all,

Looking at recent cars, I can see some 2018 cars are now starting to come with "red" stripes or accents on front and rear bumpers. For example I have seen a 2018 Golf, Alfa Romeo, Hyundai and Kia all with red accents on the bumpers now.

Was the 370Z nismo ahead of the curve? Looks to be the new styling trend.

Thanks

4 hours ago, buster said:

did not the golf gti start the trend with a red pin strip in the grille.

Quite possibly - I had one of the very early GTi's with a 4-speed gearbox - here doing a Sprint at Goodwood many moons ago......in the 1980's

fullsizeoutput_fa1.jpeg

The 370z tends to stand out more on UK roads imo as its styling was done in the US by an American team. Simply put its not really been designed for UK roads so will by default stand out in the same way a Camaro and Charger look out of place here . The Nismo Mk2 seems to have stand out features from whichever angles you look at the car. Its a very loud design compared to the GT model so I've been told by many people. Re the two tone paint scheme; this only adds to the effect esp in Storm White.

I do think the Nismo Mk2 will age well though interestingly is it just me but I find that the GT car (both pre-facelift and current) seem to look a bit dated now?

Edited by hmale4yu
  • Like 1

mk 2 nismo, where the LEDs are a lot of companies are now doing that extra angled front bumper, for a more imposing look. Ford and a few others are doing them. Nismo mk2 looks in general are definitely standoutish. And still up to date. The only people who believe its "long in the tooth", are the youtubers who forgot that Nissan only change their models completely every 10 years on average. Just hope the 400Z will be even better.

Racing red stripes arent new, They add 5HP though :D

Edited by GranTurismoEra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

The 370z tends to stand out more on UK roads imo as its styling was done in the US by an American team. Simply put its not really been designed for UK roads so will by default stand out in the same way a Camaro and Charger look out of place here . The Nismo Mk2 seems to have stand out features from whichever angles you look at the car. Its a very loud design compared to the GT model so I've been told by many people. Re the two tone paint scheme; this only adds to the effect esp in Storm White.

I do think the Nismo Mk2 will age well though interestingly is it just me but I find that the GT car (both pre-facelift and current) seem to look a bit dated now?

I don't think the GT looks dated at all. In fact since returning to a Z (GT) having owned two GTs and a Mk1 Nismo in the past, I have come to appreciate the less shouty look of the GT more.  Perhaps it's because I'm knocking 50 and I'm getting boring in my old age, but in the right colour, I actually prefer the GT - it looks good, but not like it's trying too hard to look sporty.  

5 hours ago, sipar69 said:

I don't think the GT looks dated at all. In fact since returning to a Z (GT) having owned two GTs and a Mk1 Nismo in the past, I have come to appreciate the less shouty look of the GT more.  Perhaps it's because I'm knocking 50 and I'm getting boring in my old age, but in the right colour, I actually prefer the GT - it looks good, but not like it's trying too hard to look sporty.  

I think the  GT model has a 350 look to it which isn't a bad thing. But looks considerably  less expensive then the Nismo. It still looks good in an almost retro-esque way like the pre-facelift Mk2 TT   looks good … but very early 2010s.  The Nismo's rear bumper looks similar to those of the newer AMG Mercedes'  and now the new Audis have the same angular front end beneath the head lights. Its seems to be combine current trends and have other styling cues like the red piping as well itself being a bigger car (with bigger wheels, wider track, fender liners etc) giving it a more imposing look to the standard 370z