New member looking for my first 350Z

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself and see if anyone would mind offering some advice :)

I've always been a fan of the 350Z - it was one of the cars I wanted when I was growing up, and with insurance finally more reasonable I figure now is as good a time as any to get my first 350Z as a weekend car with a few track days thrown in.

My budget is £5-7K and I'm looking at the REVUP as I really like the facelift and I don't think I'll get a decent HR for my budget however a REVUP should be do-able I think, which is where I was hoping to get some advice..

I've found a couple of REVUPs within budget, the first one HERE and the SECOND one.

I thought the first one was the one, low miles, MOT history looks good, in black (my preferred colour) HPI checks out and overall seems not a bad deal from my limited knowledge of these cars..  Unfortunately it turns out the dealer has limited service history, it only has the last two stamps as the original book was lost. I'm thinking that it's probably better to avoid this one?

The other one I found is similar, I haven't seen the MOT history yet, currently waiting a call back in the morning for more info on the car, I know up to now it has service history but there is a big gap (IMO) between 68k and 93k, dealer says it doesn't appear to have been serviced for a couple of years until they got it. Like the other one, would this put you off buying the car? 

It seems to be quite common as a few others I've looked at seem to have a large gap at some point - one had a gap between 53k-89k, another between 13k-35k - I thought with cars like these I wouldn't have to worry about them not being regularly maintained to be honest. With these engines is such a large gap going to have a big effect on the life of them?