clutching at straws

Potty

Ha ha like what I did there? ^^^ :) Anyway. The 350z hr needs a new clutch soon and I have started looking around, I would like a lightened flywheel this time torque have quoted £1150.00 and that is the extreme clutch and fly kit with csc and also will throw in a braided line and fluid. tarmac is about £1200 for the jwt clutch and fly kit with csc. can anyone educate me on if which one I should go for and also is it worth going lightened? any response welcomed. cheers guys and gals. 

Everyone seems to rave about the Xtreme kit, so that's what I've bought for mine (haven't had it fitted yet though).

Single mass and dual mass flywheels both have pros/cons.. 

SMFs are cheaper, lighter (so the car revs faster) and don't tend to wear out but they cause a lot more transmission noise usually described as "chatter". 

DMFs are more expensive, heavier and wear out over time but cushion out a lot of the noise. 

It's entirely your preference which one will suit you best. 

• 1 month later...

cheers guys thanks for the info!! so clutch kit (xtreme) turns up tomorrow fingers crossed managed to bag a braided line too :teeth:. As I am going to be doing this myself I have been looking at alot of videos/how to. It seems straightforward with the clutch and fly in not too worried about but the only thing that is troubling me is changing the clutch line and bleeding it out. I watched a guy on YouTube. altho he changed his master cylinder which I won't be doing. 

this is the best I have found so far and he has no problems with bleeding it seems easy with a power bleeder. then I go on other sites and people are saying you can't use a power bleeder. only other thing to note is I'm doing it on a hr so the slave is inside the housing not on the outside. correct? so my questions are. Is it still the same process roughly? i guess i dont need to drain the system, as the master i have heard can be a pig to prime again? Can anyone recommend a bleeder that fits as he has to cable tie his down (maybe just pressure I guess)

is there a better how to video or pic heavy guide that is done on a hr? cheers peeps!