Can you replace a 2009 Bose Headunit with a 2013 one?

davidv10

So basically i didnt check properly and assumed i could bluetooth my phone for music not just calls. And of course was wrong.

I have the Bose with Nav headunit. Is it possible to replace the unit with a newer model headunit to get bluetooth music streaming?

Or is there any other way you can do it?

Basically i want to be able to skip tracks etc without having to reach into the centre console to my phone.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I should imagine it can be done but you'd have to take out the whole system and sat nav, replace with Nissan's connect system, costing three figures including the labour cost. Probably not cost effective but if you've got the money, fill your boots!

I've also got a 2009 model and I use a Satechi Sound-Fly Aux transmitter to play music from my phone. It's about 3 years old but does the job, bit of a faff but better than nothing. Plugs into the cigarette lighter, tuned into the stereo, comes with a remote but it's a little dodgy to look at when you're driving if you want to skip tracks.