A question for all you guys running HFCs + catback exhausts..

Jack94

Finally got round to having Torqen HFCs and an invidia gemini system fitted to my Zed last week and since then it seems to have developed a minor issue, hoping you guys can help me get to the bottom of it! 

First a bit of background- About a year ago I had my Zed serviced & Uprev'd by the guys at H-Dev, before and since then the car ran absolutely fine. This time I went back for another service, exhaust fitting and another Uprev. 

Since then I've noticed that until the car is up to temperature I get hesitation for a second or two around 2500 rpm under hard acceleration in any gear. It doesn't happen under light throttle, and once up to temp the problem completely disappears and the car runs completely fine under any load. 

My first thought is maybe it's a tuning issue. I spoke to the guys at H-Dev though and after having another look at the data from when my car was there they said all looks fine, plus they never mess with the map the car runs on cold start. 

Wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this or has any idea what might be causing it? 

I know loads of people on here are running similar setups but I've never heard of this sort of problem before. 

Any help/advice appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input Bry. You're right I guess the timing could just be a coincidence but I find that really unlikely because the car had been running absolutely fine since the day I bought it up till I got the exhaust done. 

I'll give the maf a check because that should be quick and easy. Plugs were done last year and if a coil was failing I'd expect a misfire? 

Water temp sensor I assume is fine because the reading on the dash is completely normal. 

Throttle body shouldn't be too dirty because I cleaned it out just over a year ago. 

I guess maybe one of the O2 sensors could have been damaged during the exhaust swap but wouldn't this bring on the EML and throw up a fault code? 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...