Clutch won't bleed. HELP ME

danielb186

Ok guys so i replaced my flex line and slave cylinder as my clutch was sticking. I have done the usual method of bleeding and have some pressure but it seems to still stick and it feels spongey, I've tried everything I can think of...

- I've adjusted the master rod, and tried the normal method of bleeding.

- I've tried leaving the clutch pressed in for afew hour's and then trying to bleed it.

- I even bought a pressure bleeder (see picture) which didn't work because the caps were to small, someone said that if you drill a 10mm hole into your cap you can use that aslong as you tie it down. Well I did that and tied it down with cable ties but air is escaping around the seals on the cap :(

any advice?

Screenshot_20180828-230614_Chrome.jpg

I thought that power bleeders won't work on 350's due to the regulator valve thing in the main hard line - it's behind the arch liner to the rear of the passenger side wheel arch???

I've had a couple that would not bleed up properly and the solution has always been bleed it until you can pump the pedal and get some pressure, wedge the pedal down using a length of wood and if you have them the electric seats (protect the seat)

Leave it over night we probably left them 8 - 10 hours

Now a quick bleed should do it or in some cases nothing more was required.

They can be a real PITA - good luck :thumbs:

I've adjusted the master rod, and tried the normal method of bleeding.

When I did mine it wouldn't bleed at all if the above was not done to the correct spec as someone had adjusted before me.

Then sticking the clutch pedal in the down position overnight finally got it working.

9 hours ago, danielb186 said:

Hey @Keyser just to clarify after leaving the pedal down for afew hours are you opening the bleed nipple with the wood before starting the usual bleed procesure, or do you let the pedal back up and pump it before you open the nipple?

I leave it down all night then release it - normally after this you find you get at least some clutch if not all.

After it has been released my preferred method is to have a friendly assistance pump the pedal 3-5 times then hold down hard while the bleed nipple on the slave is loosened, closed then repeat usually only takes about 3 cycles to get the clutch back working after that.

Keep an eye on the reservoir though it's easy to empty it when bleeding and then its back to square 1.

Hope that helps :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

@Keyser cheers for the help bud i did what you said and the clutch felt great! (Nice pressure) however it still seems to stick about 3/4 of the way up holds there for about half a second then pops all the way up with a clunk. I tried adjusting the pedal (now my biting point is really low which is how i like it) but its still doing the stick and clunk everynow and again. :bangin:

@danielb186 Well that's an improvement :thumbs:

Do it again, the whole thing so wedge the pedal down overnight and bleed again in the morning, sounds like it is 90% of the way there though.

Only downside of lowering the clutch biting point is it reduces the pressure on the pedal to return it back so that can be part of the cause of the sticking.

Try the bleed again and you may just have to lift the biting point a small amount.

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update guys, I backed the bolt as far back as possible to bring the pedal out, Bled the car again, it was feeling better but still not perfect, I did the thing with the plank against the pedal for the night came back the next day and it felt great! So I've re adjusted the pedal down so the bite isn't in the steering wheel. Hahaha, Thanks for all the help, happy to say this is sorted =D Also for anyone else doing it, quick tip if you are backing the pedal off using the spindle at the back if you back the nut all the way back you can use that instead of trying to grab it with pliers. =D

10 hours ago, danielb186 said:

Just an update guys, I backed the bolt as far back as possible to bring the pedal out, Bled the car again, it was feeling better but still not perfect, I did the thing with the plank against the pedal for the night came back the next day and it felt great! So I've re adjusted the pedal down so the bite isn't in the steering wheel. Hahaha, Thanks for all the help, happy to say this is sorted =D Also for anyone else doing it, quick tip if you are backing the pedal off using the spindle at the back if you back the nut all the way back you can use that instead of trying to grab it with pliers. =D

Excellent news, glad you got it sorted :thumbs: