Brake Caliper Touch Up

SiriusProjects

Hi All,

Got a question about the brake calipers on my 370Z Nismo. 

I would like to get the brake calipers touched up. I've seen a few threads on here saying that you can remove them and send them off for repainting. But could a local bodyshop also do the job?

The only reason I'm asking is that my zed is going in for a front and rear panel respray and I just thought that maybe they could touch up the calipers while they have the car. 

Thanks.

Mine are currently off and I am painting them myself as changing the colour as I have wrapped my wheels to match my new wrap and red calipers don’t work for me now.Not difficult to do. RTP painted my 350z calipers red for me but decided to do my Nismo ones myself.

Edited by Payco

29 minutes ago, Payco said:

Mine are currently off and I am painting them myself as changing the colour as I have wrapped my wheels to match my new wrap and red calipers don’t work for me now.Not difficult to do. RTP painted my 350z calipers red for me but decided to do my Nismo ones myself.

Thanks Payco.

I'm afraid when it comes to painting or respraying, I've never really been any good at it.  I would prefer to leave to the professionals. 

Fair enough mate but have a look on YouTube as it really isn’t difficult at all. You will get so much more satisfaction doing it yourself but I appreciate everyone is different.Looking forward to seeing your car when all the work has been done.

• Thanks 1

If you just have a few chips on them you can touch them up with a fine artist paint brush and some Vauxhall Victory Red touch up paint.  If you have them painted they will get chipped again anyway so it's best to have some touch up paint handy.  There is no code for the red caliper colour. Someone on the Z forum in America suggested the Vauxhall colour.  Works really well.

Got to be honest in all my 8 years of owning a 350 and 370z I have never had chipping on my calipers, maybe I have been lucky but I wouldn't expect them to get chipped. Am I missing something here ?

Hi Guys.

Today I phoned the bodyshop where I will be taking my zed for the panel resprays and they have said yes they can do the brake calipers as well. So I'm going to get them done. 

Have thought about a colour change. Besides red, are there any colours that contrast well with Pearl White?