Check Engine Light - p2a03

Umster

Hi all, 

So I've had the dreaded CEL (check engine light) on my 2011 370z! 

Has anyone else seen this error? What is the prescribed fix? If I need to pop the hood and tinker, I'm more than game. 

Edited by Umster

Exactly same code as mine which comes on every 100 miles or so. Only started since i fitted cobra hi-flow cats so should be something to do with that or a genuine faulty sensor which i will replace at next mot and see if it perm clears it. See below from obd2 reader when i plug into mine

222427DF-5E7E-4818-B59C-7E89B7F79D1E.jpeg.0b88dafe45854b9590ed0a399cfc5888.jpeg

I've got HFC and I've been advised it could be down to the MAF sensors. I'll get some electrical contact cleaning spray and swap the sensors around and see if the error codes switch banks. 

I'll keep you posted. 

Edited by Umster

So I managed to get the car on the ramp (it's got lowered springs so was a nightmare to raise using a jack/axles. 

So the exhaust manifold gaskets had been blasted to pieces! Had them all replaced and dumped some cataclean into the system. 

The cleaning spray worked temporarily (gave me 300 miles before the error popped up again. Was popping up every 50ish miles after I cleared the code using an OBD scanner). 

It's failed its MOT due to exhaust emissions and it seems the spark plugs are fouling. Car is under warranty from a garage in Cornwall (another issue for another day) so will make sure they investigate it some more. 

CEL light with code P2A03 will mess with your A/F ratio and can cause the exhaust to smell a little lean. 

Edited by Umster

Just to add, I'm running a HFC and Cobra cat back exhaust and the quality seems a little substandard on the Cobra exhaust. Flange didn't sit flush so had it smoothed out when the gaskets were replaced with OEM gaskets (aftermarket gaskets are usually poor quality and need replacing fairly frequently). 

Assume this was the cause of my exhaust leak causing the error code and a dodgy CO2 reading in the exhaust! 

I had my work done at Horsham and set me back £15 for the gaskets and the usual price for an hours work.