key fob re-programming

keyas23

Hello guys. Below is a problem I came across and solution to it. Hopefully it will help someone.

Problem:headhurt:

I was installing I.C.E and disconnected battery and when plugged it back I realized my key fob stopped working. I could only enter a car by using a key in door lock then my alarm went on and to disarm it I had to start my car. I tried reprogramming a key fob using this method  but did not work for me as I couldn't get to that stage when you hear 1 click (warning lights flash – point 6 see below)

1.     Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2.     Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

3.     Press and HOLD the unlock button on the blip.

4.     While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

5.     Release the unlock button.

6.     The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

7.     Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 keys fobs

8.     When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

9.     Remove key, and check all key for operation.

Solution :thumbs:

Then after lot of online research I Found out that my car went into lock mode so before you reprogram your key you have to follow procedure below:

To reset the NAT system, you need to see if you can get it out of lock mode. Here are the steps to Escape from lock mode

• 1.       Put key into ignition off position

• 2.       Turn key to on with registered key (do not start engine) wait 5 second

• 3.       Return to off position

• 4.       Repeat step 2-3 twice ( total of three cycles)

• 5.       Start the engine

• 6.       Go back to off position

Now you are ready to re-program your keys.

Any questions, ask. :clap:

Edited by keyas23

• 7 months later...
On 26/08/2018 at 19:33, keyas23 said:

Hello guys. Below is a problem I came across and solution to it. Hopefully it will help someone.

Problem:headhurt:

I was installing I.C.E and disconnected battery and when plugged it back I realized my key fob stopped working. I could only enter a car by using a key in door lock then my alarm went on and to disarm it I had to start my car. I tried reprogramming a key fob using this method  but did not work for me as I couldn't get to that stage when you hear 1 click (warning lights flash – point 6 see below)

1.     Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2.     Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

3.     Press and HOLD the unlock button on the blip.

4.     While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

5.     Release the unlock button.

6.     The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

7.     Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 keys fobs

8.     When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

9.     Remove key, and check all key for operation.

Solution :thumbs:

Then after lot of online research I Found out that my car went into lock mode so before you reprogram your key you have to follow procedure below:

To reset the NAT system, you need to see if you can get it out of lock mode. Here are the steps to Escape from lock mode

• 1.       Put key into ignition off position

• 2.       Turn key to on with registered key (do not start engine) wait 5 second

• 3.       Return to off position

• 4.       Repeat step 2-3 twice ( total of three cycles)

• 5.       Start the engine

• 6.       Go back to off position

Now you are ready to re-program your keys.

Any questions, ask. :clap:

Hello, please tell me you're still active? I've been having an issue with my keys since I purchased the car!.

Little backstory.

I purchased the car in December 2018 and it only came with Two keys. One of them had the lock/unlock buttons, and the other is a plain valet key.

I was told that it was just the battery dead inside the fob. After faffing about, changing batteries and trying to register the key using the reprogram procedure, I gave up. I took the key to a locksmith and they tested it and said the fob was not giving out a signal and that it was dead completely. I messaged ZMANALEX and purchased a new key with him hoping this would be the solution. Still nothing, the car enters programing mode, buy step 6 above does nothing. No flash, no relay click. 

Anyway, I then thought it might be the receiver in the car that's located behind the passenger dash. I purchased the receiver off ZMANALEX ( Same one that matched the key I purchased ), hoping that this time, it would fix it. Replaced the receiver and jumped in the zed. Nope, it didn't work :(. I got the new fob tested and it is indeed working and giving out a signal.

I've tried all the procedures for UK/USDM with no luck at all. The car starts up just fine.

I can only unlock the doors manually by using the keyhole. When I unlock it, there isn't any alarms that go off.

What I am left with is 1 plain valet key and 1 remote lock/unlock key fob that has no functionality to it :( :(.

I will give the above procedure a go but bit sceptical as you mention " Turn key to on with registered key ". This key isn't registered so i'm guessing it wont work. Worth a shot though!

• 3 years later...

Hi fijifixit,

Did you get a fix to this? I have the exact same problem. My son threw the key in the washing machine. Have purchased another key off eBay which is tested working but I also get nothing after the press & hold Unlock, and lock 3 times and release Unlock. 

Thanks

Kish