P1 Service - How much?

KS2006

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like a lot to me..... Unless the 313 is different.

I wouldn't have thought an extra air filter would have added that much!

i had my P1 done today and it's only oil, oil filter, washer fluid then a check over the car.

i paid £52 which was parts cost only, but around the £150 mark is about right.

• 4 months later...

I just booked in to Dan Perkins in Slough for P1:

£140 [providing my own oil and filter] and £10 off their MOT charge to £30.

For comparison, Shepperton Nissan wouldnt budge from £190.

Havent heard of a Nissan dealer in the SE being any cheaper...but I am very keen to be corrected!

• 2 weeks later...

£349.99 Chester Nissan !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!

After some negotiation they said £230, I said no - I will supply my own oil they said OK £180... Still too expensive, I've paid £120 at Nissan Chorley for a P1 supplying my own oil.

Chester's excuse was they are a City Centre dealership (3 miles outside Chester mind and nothing to do there...) £89.99 per hour labour..... And the toilets stank in there last time I was there...disgrace...

Update - TDI Warrington can do a P1 for £99+vat :)

I've asked about supplying my own oil, so I'm guessing it's around £60 with the oil filter & me supplying my own oil....massive difference to Nissan's prices.

Greekman - surely if it's only 9k service I assume the car is still under warranty? If your concerned about the plugs then I would raise it as a warranty issue, I had my plugs changed at 54k cost me about £250 with labour.

Still 1500m to go for the 9000m service....i asked Nissan Hull (evans halshaw it is now) when i bought the car tho and they said about £250 for first service....but i will want them to change spark plugs to smth better (any suggestions???) so it should be a bit more... :headhurt:

Standard plugs in the car are Denso Iridium so no benefit to change.

First plug change due at 56k miles although some signs of deterioration at 40k - 45k.

Cost of a plug change should not be excessive however Nissan insist on removing plenum etc to do which pushes up the labour rate, it can be done without this.

Set of plugs around £70 labour £50

Sorry guys no computer for a while...all ok now....

Thanks bigphil for the info....

Drive shafts??? The car is 6months old and got it from brand new...i ll get it sorted...surely it will be fine for 2 months....got to enjoy it while the sun is still up after work...loool

ta 4 the interest anyway.... :thumbs:

Still 1500m to go for the 9000m service....i asked Nissan Hull (evans halshaw it is now) when i bought the car tho and they said about £250 for first service....but i will want them to change spark plugs to smth better (any suggestions???) so it should be a bit more... :headhurt:

Standard plugs in the car are Denso Iridium so no benefit to change.

First plug change due at 56k miles although some signs of deterioration at 40k - 45k.

Cost of a plug change should not be excessive however Nissan insist on removing plenum etc to do which pushes up the labour rate, it can be done without this.

Set of plugs around £70 labour £50

For those in the south, Dan Perkins did my plugs for £150 all in. Not too shabby given that Phil ususally does stuff substantially cheaper. £250 for the change seems very excessive! Also, not sure if DP removed my plenum, if they did, they did a fine job of putting back the plenum spacer and grounding kit :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Just been quoted £185 at Westway Nissan in Birmingham, down from initial price of £250.

for what a P1, P2 OR P3. If its for a P1 thats mighty expensive

Thread topic -P1, though it seems to have gone abit of track :lol:

I seem to be a bit limited in Brum. Colliers or Westway. As price started at £250 I thought £185 was getting reasonable for around here, though suggestions welcome :). Want to stick with Nissan dealer to be safe if any warranty issues crop up