Battery Problems

GraingeZed

Hey guys and gals,ive got a bit of problem that im hoping someone on here can help me out with. Basically ive had a few problems with my battery,about a month ago the light would flicker on and off on the dash. Mainly when i stopped at traffic lights it would start flickering but it wouldnt cut the car out or anything,car carried on driving fine no problems. Now i have drained the battery accidentally in the last year so thought it could be down to that and purchased a new battery last week but after fitting the new battery it still does it,if anything it actually stays on more and not so much of a flicker. Ive checked connections to the battery which seem fine and because i recently changed the oil filter i actually got back under the car just make sure nothing was knocking the alternator but all seems good underneath. 

The whole light coming on only really lasts 20-30 minutes and then it seems fine after the car is warm. The battery gauge in the car seems fine as well,the needle sits half way on start up and then three quarters of the way after being warmed up. 

Has anybody had this issue? and if so can anyone direct me with what to do. 

(will just put tape over it soon!!)