Spacers

Shep1982

Hi, 

When purchased the car they came with 30mm wheel spacers at the back non at front. However was pulled over by the police who politely pointed it was illegal to have wheels past the fenders. Nice guy so I just thanked him. Need to change anyway as I scrub on sharb bends. Going for 20mm all round. However noticed in small print that spacers brands say to check that your wheels have pockets otherwise may not fit. Have no idea what pockets are but at a guess I think they mean groves where the spacer nuts might fit so the well sits flush with the spacer. Can anyone tell me where the 19inch sport rays have these so called pockets and if they had any issue. What brands have people used that are direct bolt on. 

Cheers

You need at least a 23mm spacer on the front so that the studs do not bottom out on the back of the sport RAYS wheels.

I had 25mm rear and 23mm front, but for the sake of being easy, I'd just order 25mm spacers all round if I were to do it again :thumbs: 25mm is nicely flush with the arches and I never had a single issue with rubbing in the arches, even when lowered about 30/35mm on BC Coilovers!

I bought my spacers from TarmacSportz and they were very good. A set of 4 25mm spacers will set you back around £150 (£75 per pair).

Edited by Silverthorn

Oh crap. Pardon my language. I've bought 4 20mm hubcentric bolt on spacers. (the ones) with bolts already in but according to Silverthorn I need at least 23 etc or they will not fit flush with the, rays. Oh great that's 150quid down the drain :-( should have read the reply first :-(

Something like this would be perfectly adequate. They're black as well so will blend in perfectly with the new 20mm spacers!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3mm-alloy-wheel-Spacers-Shims-pair-Universal-4-5-Stud-Fit/261222279486?epid=1340702925&hash=item3cd20fa93e:g:eJoAAOxy--NRo~gj

I made the same mistake initially and i bought 20mm for the front of my car when i had the stock RAYS. Information online can be difficult at times to find so it's easily done! A simple 3mm with the new 20mm over the top and your problem will be solved :thumbs:

Okay just had a,look at the spacers. The 20mm bolt ons will be fine in the back. The front of car was as people suspected. They do not fit. I will be returning them. However I do not like the poke of the 20s on the front. I will be going 15 but drs spacers (extended replacement bolts) . My issue is I can't find any. Eibach have some but well over 100 pound. I only paid 70 for the bolt ons. Does anybody have for me to buy off them 15s with extended bolts. Or know of anywhere where I can get some cheaper than eibach. I tried Torqen website but unfortunately they just have the bolt ons. Any help welcome :-)

+1 for Driftworks. If you contact them I'm sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction for some extended studs and spacers. I'd be surprised if it was much more than £15/£20 for the extended studs. Then it's just the case of sourcing 2 15mm slip on spacers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Right okay lads. I got 20mm spacers on rear and I haven't done the front yet with the stud replacement 15mm as I'm still recovering from the worst job I've ever done! Installing eibach springs on the car. I started at 16:30 and didn't stop until 2:00 am the next morning. The first set of spring compressors broke. The second set are broke and to compress those springs without an impact gun took hours of manually confessing each spring. Either way. Hers car with roof painted black, front fangs black and lowered :-) . 

20180908_110544.jpg