370z in Berkshire

Hey, 

Wanna introduce myself to the club. Own a 2011 370z and would love to meet some owners nearby. Looking to do some work to my car though it seems all the good parts are out in the States. 

Thanks 

Umster

sketch-1535118423532.png

sketch-1535118403244.png

Edited by Umster
Photos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I've had some issues with the car and tried talking with the dealer who sold it to me. Long story short he agreed to pay for the work needed over the phone but ended up going back on his word. 

Garage only has an autotrader profile so only place I can leave a review (no Google etc). 

Worth my time going to Trading Standards or not? Hasn't been a massive sum of money but its now all about the principle of selling a dodgy expensive car and backtracking on their word. 

Any advice is appreciated 

On 08/10/2018 at 14:21, Umster said:

So I've had some issues with the car and tried talking with the dealer who sold it to me. Long story short he agreed to pay for the work needed over the phone but ended up going back on his word. 

Garage only has an autotrader profile so only place I can leave a review (no Google etc). 

Worth my time going to Trading Standards or not? Hasn't been a massive sum of money but its now all about the principle of selling a dodgy expensive car and backtracking on their word. 

Any advice is appreciated 

What are the issues? If they aren't keeping an agreed warranty or if it's something dangerous you will definitely have a case. 

On 11/10/2018 at 15:35, Sim said:

What are the issues? If they aren't keeping an agreed warranty or if it's something dangerous you will definitely have a case. 

Hey, so I've managed to work it all out with the dealership. He wasn't keen but we've come to a sensible agreement. It took someone else on his side to intervene! He came to an agreement over the phone then when I chased him up over email he went back to arguing. Hopefully it's the last of it but let's see. I'm away for the weekend but provided everything stays settled I've discuss the details on here. 

It'll obviously come in handy for anyone else who has a similar issue. 

17 hours ago, Umster said:

Hey, so I've managed to work it all out with the dealership. He wasn't keen but we've come to a sensible agreement. It took someone else on his side to intervene! He came to an agreement over the phone then when I chased him up over email he went back to arguing. Hopefully it's the last of it but let's see. I'm away for the weekend but provided everything stays settled I've discuss the details on here. 

It can be a nightmare sorting stuff out on second hand cars, it's really important to have loads of history so you can have as much idea as possible about everything, especially on relatively expensive cars.

On 12/10/2018 at 20:56, Umster said:

So has it stayed sorted? Or have they backed out again?

• 5 months later...

Didn't think this was worthy of a whole build thread :wiggle:but I've sorted the one thing I hated on the "weekend car", I finally have some space for luggage. 

Just need to carpet it and attach my cargo net and happy days! 

DSC_0695.JPG

On 16/10/2018 at 14:04, Sim said:

So has it stayed sorted? Or have they backed out again?

Yeah all sorted! Sorry for never getting back around to replying. Replaced the parts and reimbursed me for labour, with all the work being done at Horsham Dev. 

Not had any issues since but helped a few others with the same problem. Also found the previous owner on the 370Z forum and figured out what parts were put on the car and work done etc. Helped with my investigation. 

• Like 1

snap I done the same thing to my car and go weekends away and even pile full weeks shopping in it, check out my build thread the YELLOW PROJECT. What did you do as regards subwoofer, I got rid of mine but never came up with any ideas, I see you have two speakers on the bit where I made a plywood template for lifting to give me access to tools/air compressor and the foam. Always looking for ideas  B)

Those two speakers @nissanjuke are actually the contents of the subwoofer. The amp is sat next to the other amp underneath the foam. Fiddled with the audio settings and now get the right balance of deep bass from behind and volume from the door speakers. 

Was going to copy your idea but I actually like the Bose system, it's a good stock system, just needed to leave the silly spare tyre plastic mould and be freed. 

The foam is better at sound damping than any wood would have been hence me using it like this. I've got a Cobra CBE atm and want to delete the backbox so need all the interior sound damping I can get. 

snap I done the same thing to my car and go weekends away and even pile full weeks shopping in it, check out my build thread the YELLOW PROJECT. What did you do as regards subwoofer, I got rid of mine but never came up with any ideas, I see you have two speakers on the bit where I made a plywood template for lifting to give me access to tools/air compressor and the foam. Always looking for ideas  B)

I HAVE CUSTOM TAIL PIPES and have deleted the old system, I put road kill down, then some insulating foam pads you use on flooring, then some white sticky back insulation, then my yellow carpet.Did you use just the 2 speakers out the subwoofer? as I like the bose system too .

cheers:thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Again, I don't think it's worth a build thread but do want to post my progress nonetheless. 

Fitted @Adrian@TORQEN undertray and practiced a little spray painting. The undertray is really good and has slightly helped with clearance and handling. Not groundbreaking but enough to make bumps and roundabouts a little easier.

Also had chance to protect my front swaybar a little, as its starting to show signs of wear and tear. Won't need replacing for a while and just had to protect it while I was under there. 

DSC_2303.JPG