Bloody LOUD

Blocko

So I have the Buddy Club on my Exhaust. Its been on the car since around November and I love it. It is loud but sounds great and i'd recommend to most people (running without the optional rear bungs).

One of my standard Cats deteriorated and meant emission failures. On a bit of a budget I ended up opting for Japspeed HFCs. I was wary as these get bad press but one fit perfectly and the other only just didn't fit (had to do away with the heat shield and the lambdas are currently cable tied as didn't reach). 

I had the garage test them for emissions and they passed without needing to be warmed (but they are brand new). I know these might not have a long life span but as the most affordable way of meeting the MOT requirements i'm so far thrilled with these.

But...

I read lots of posts saying that HFCs will make the car louder. Not as much as decats but noticeably and more raspy. I decided that these were so much cheaper than the standard CATS that it was worth the risk and I like noise anyway but OMFG the car is now REALLY LOUD. I think it must be double in volume. Not saying I don't like it but i'm sure its only a matter of time until I get pulled or the neighbours sling a brick through the house window :lol:

Mine is a daily driver also. I like the new noise it makes, feels like I'm in an aeroplane but i'm sure its only a matter of time until I get pulled. 

I'm driving to Inverness at the start of September so will put the bungs in for that to see if its better.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have a similar problem, i had a custom dual flow exhaust fitted at the same time of having the Japspeed HFCs fitted and the thing is mega loud, sounds nice when i follow the car in another, but the drone you get between 2 to 3000rpm can be very unbearable on a commute especially when trying to engage in conversation. Is this likely the cats over the rest of the exhaust which is responsible for the drone noise?

whats are these bungs you are referring to and what do they do exactly?